Old 23-05-2004, 02:02 PM
ShantiP1

Default Need help in knowing when to harvest eggplant

I have quite a few eggplants and I don't know how to determine when I should
harvest them. Firm yanking isn't releasing them. Do you go by color, shine or
what?

Thanks!
June
Old 23-05-2004, 06:03 PM
FarmerDill

Shine works best for me. Of course you can pick eggplant ( cut the stem) at any
stage of immaturity, But when the skin starts to dull It is getting too mature
and the quality falls off rapidly.
Old 23-05-2004, 08:04 PM
ShantiP1

Thanks for the tips. I think it's time to harvest! :-)

Warm regards,
June