Old 30-05-2004, 06:02 AM
norma briggs

Default garden pest id

I have looked and looked for a pic online to identify this particular pest.
At least I think it is a pest...I thought at first it might me a red spider
mite but these bugs are much bigger than I ones I have read of.

They are red for sure, and look like a spider, but 3 of them cover a cherry
tomato.

Might they be really big spider mites or some other odd creature?

Ideas welcome, I know I have not given you wonderful folks much to work
with.

Thanks!

Old 31-05-2004, 07:04 AM
belly

On Sun, 30 May 2004 04:08:10 GMT in
, "norma briggs"
graced the world with this thought:

and look like a spider

just to make sure, you'er saying they have eight legs?
Old 31-05-2004, 12:03 PM
norma briggs

"belly" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 30 May 2004 04:08:10 GMT in
, "norma briggs"
graced the world with this thought:

and look like a spider

just to make sure, you'er saying they have eight legs?

The legs too small for me to see, but they move like spiders and I have
found webs on my plants. I did buy some of that triple action garden soap-I
think Garden Safe is the brand and covered the plants with it.

Old 31-05-2004, 07:05 PM
belly

On Mon, 31 May 2004 10:56:51 GMT in
, "norma briggs"
graced the world with this thought:

"belly" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 30 May 2004 04:08:10 GMT in
, "norma briggs"
graced the world with this thought:

and look like a spider

just to make sure, you'er saying they have eight legs?

The legs too small for me to see, but they move like spiders and I have
found webs on my plants. I did buy some of that triple action garden soap-I
think Garden Safe is the brand and covered the plants with it.

give a look with a magnifying glass... you're right, though, the soap
will probably work, or horticultural oil.
Old 02-06-2004, 12:08 AM
Norma J. Briggs

Alas, I caught some of the little buggers and took them to a nursery to find
out what the pest we teenaged stinkbugs! Horrors! Who knew pre adult
stink bugs looked like that?

I am trying the organic pesticide they suggested for now, I hope I don't
have to use those nasty chemicals to get rid of them, but I am not going to
lose my whole garden to bugs.

"norma briggs" wrote in message
I have looked and looked for a pic online to identify this particular

pest.
At least I think it is a pest...I thought at first it might me a red

spider
mite but these bugs are much bigger than I ones I have read of.

They are red for sure, and look like a spider, but 3 of them cover a

cherry
tomato.

Might they be really big spider mites or some other odd creature?

Ideas welcome, I know I have not given you wonderful folks much to work
with.

Thanks!

---

Old 02-06-2004, 07:04 PM
Liashi

"norma briggs" wrote in message ...
I have looked and looked for a pic online to identify this particular pest.
At least I think it is a pest...I thought at first it might me a red spider
mite but these bugs are much bigger than I ones I have read of.

They are red for sure, and look like a spider, but 3 of them cover a cherry
tomato.

Might they be really big spider mites or some other odd creature?

Ideas welcome, I know I have not given you wonderful folks much to work
with.

Thanks!

Wow, sounds impressive. Something's taken a liking to our limas, but
we haven't seen it yet. Thought it was one bug I picked off the
plants, but now that I've been watching it, it's a sucker, not a
chewer. (Although I haven't researched whether a bug can be both yet.
O.O) Anyway, I enjoy checking out the bugs in the garden. Mostly we
only have centipedies, damselflies and dragonflies, ants, LOTS of
spiders, some things that look like grubs (only in one garden), and
the occasional brood X cicada--y'know mostly common stuff. It's good
because I don't enjoy killing things. Glad you found out what you were
up against.