Old 16-06-2004, 06:02 PM
Blues Ma

Default Moving Rhubarb

*

I'd like to give a couple of clumps to my neighbor but have never moved
any.

Should it be done in very early spring ?

How much of a root clump has to go to insure survival ?

Thanks

Ma

Old 20-06-2004, 12:02 PM
Jan Flora

In article ,
Blues Ma wrote:

?

I'd like to give a couple of clumps to my neighbor but have never moved
any.

Should it be done in very early spring ?

How much of a root clump has to go to insure survival ?

Thanks

Ma

Dig it up, give it away. It takes napalm to kill rhubarb. Don't bother
being gentle with it. Give your neighbor a couple of crowns out of a
clump, and, if you have any, some cow manure or compost to plant it in.

The best time to move rhubarb is in early spring, just because it hasn't
sprouted all the big growth yet.

It's a weed. Just do it. The rhubarb will be fine. If yours is in big
clumps and you separate it to give it away, it'll go wild when it gets
replanted. It likes to be separated every few years, or the yield drops
way off.

If anyone has a good rhubarb wine recipe, email it to me, okay? I've
put about 30 pounds of stalks into the freezer so far, for wine.

Jan
Old 21-06-2004, 03:06 PM
Dan Mazerolle

Dig it up, give it away. It takes napalm to kill rhubarb. Don't bother
being gentle with it. Give your neighbor a couple of crowns out of a
clump, and, if you have any, some cow manure or compost to plant it in.

The best time to move rhubarb is in early spring, just because it hasn't
sprouted all the big growth yet.

It's a weed. Just do it. The rhubarb will be fine. If yours is in big
clumps and you separate it to give it away, it'll go wild when it gets
replanted. It likes to be separated every few years, or the yield drops
way off.

If anyone has a good rhubarb wine recipe, email it to me, okay? I've
put about 30 pounds of stalks into the freezer so far, for wine.

Jan

You will find a few good rhubarb wine & strawberry-rhubarb wine recipes
here.

http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/index.asp