Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2004, 10:59 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Default Beetles on my tomato Plants

Anna said:

They were feeding on just one tomato plant which was strange as I have 36
plants in all. The were nibbling on the leaves and blossoms. Didn't bother
the fruit at all.
I still see a few around after spraying once. They are no longer on the
tomato plant.

Other than flea beetles, the only beetles I can think of that would feed on
tomato *leaves* are various blister beetles and potato beetles. We can rule
out one of the potato beetles because they are obviously colored in yellows
and rust or brown.

Blister beetle come in various sizes and colors. They give the appearance
of long 'necks' and often the wing covers (elytra) do not completely cover the
abdomen.

(attributed to Don Marti)