Old 24-11-2004, 10:28 PM
Bill Litchfield

Default First Catalog!

Got my first 2005 Spring catalog in the mail today. It is from Nichol's
Garden Nursery out of Albany, Oregon. Earliest I've ever received a new
Spring catalog. Anyone else get an early catalog?

Regards,
Bill

Old 25-11-2004, 02:05 AM
Steve

I beat you by a day. I got my Pinetree Garden Seeds catalog yesterday.
They are from Maine so I guess the northwest and the northeast corners
of the country start things off. ;-)
I'm sure this is my earliest ever, also.

Steve in the Adirondacks

Old 25-11-2004, 01:31 PM
Ann

Steve expounded:

I beat you by a day. I got my Pinetree Garden Seeds catalog yesterday.
They are from Maine so I guess the northwest and the northeast corners
of the country start things off. ;-)
I'm sure this is my earliest ever, also.

I got my Pinetree catalog last Monday. I've also got the Wood Prairie
Farm potato catalog, also from Maine.Those Mainers like to get a jump
on the season!
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA
Old 25-11-2004, 03:49 PM
Ross Reid

"Bill Litchfield" wrote:

Got my first 2005 Spring catalog in the mail today. It is from Nichol's
Garden Nursery out of Albany, Oregon. Earliest I've ever received a new
Spring catalog. Anyone else get an early catalog?

Regards,
Bill

We got our first catalogue in this past Monday's mail. It was from
Veseys Seeds out of Prince Edward Island, Canada.
Ross,
Southern Ontario, Canada.
New AgCanada Zone 5b
43º17.446' North
80º13.472' West
To email, remove the obvious from my address.
Old 25-11-2004, 05:03 PM
Penelope Periwinkle

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 14:28:13 -0800, "Bill Litchfield"
wrote:

Got my first 2005 Spring catalog in the mail today. It is from Nichol's
Garden Nursery out of Albany, Oregon. Earliest I've ever received a new
Spring catalog. Anyone else get an early catalog?

Seed Savers, yesterday. And it was a dark and stormy night last
night, perfect for curling up with a catalog and plotting for
next year.

Already see two new kinds of peppers I think I want to try...

Penelope
"ElissaAnn"

Old 25-11-2004, 05:50 PM
Bill Litchfield

"Bill Moats" wrote in message
Heck Wild Bill, Dayton must be farther up the list than poor old
Milton-Freewater. Nothing here yet.....

Bill Moats
Pau Hana Farm
Milton-Freewater, Oregon

Hi Bill! You may be on to something there. I have this theory that seed
companies tend to send their earliest catalogs to people who buy the most
from them. And, I buy a lot from Nichol's and Pinetree.

Best Regards,
Bill

Old 26-11-2004, 10:34 PM
Mary McHugh

Bill Litchfield wrote:
Got my first 2005 Spring catalog in the mail today. It is from Nichol's
Garden Nursery out of Albany, Oregon. Earliest I've ever received a new
Spring catalog. Anyone else get an early catalog?

Boo hoo. I had one of the first last year (Pinetree) and I haven't yet
received one seed catalog. I did receive my Miller's Nursery catalog
today though so that'll have to tide me over until the seed catalogs arrive.

I got my Pinetree last year before Thanksgiving, IIRC.

I think my husband has been dumping them before I get them. Wait'll his
Northern catalog arrives.

Mary

Old 27-11-2004, 05:42 AM
Steve

Mary McHugh wrote:
I think my husband has been dumping them before I get them. Wait'll his
Northern catalog arrives.

Mary

Hide it somewhere. You can use it as a hostage to negotiate a trade later.

Steve