Old 15-01-2005, 11:23 PM
Nyssa

Default Official start of my 2005 Gardening Season

Today I started the first seeds for six types of onions,
two types of shallots, and Chinese celery.

It felt *good*!!

And I mailed in another seed order today too.

Over the next few weeks, I'll be starting the first of the
cabbage family varieties, lettuces, and so on.

I'm also very glad that I thought to pick up an extra bag
of ProMix last fall, because *none* of the stores I checked
last week had any seed starting materials in stock yet. No
doubt they'll get the stuff in in March or April. sigh

It may be freezing outside, but it's warm and bright under
my plant light.

Nyssa, who can't wait for the last frost date to get here
to Zone 7
Old 16-01-2005, 12:03 AM
shazzbat

"Nyssa" wrote in message
Today I started the first seeds for six types of onions,
two types of shallots, and Chinese celery.

It felt *good*!!

And I mailed in another seed order today too.

Over the next few weeks, I'll be starting the first of the
cabbage family varieties, lettuces, and so on.

I'm also very glad that I thought to pick up an extra bag
of ProMix last fall, because *none* of the stores I checked
last week had any seed starting materials in stock yet. No
doubt they'll get the stuff in in March or April. sigh

It may be freezing outside, but it's warm and bright under
my plant light.

Nyssa, who can't wait for the last frost date to get here
to Zone 7

We bought our seed potatoes today, also some garlic (Fokhagyma) and
shallots(Red sun). Bulbs that is, not seeds.

The starting gun has been fired. :-))

Steve

Old 16-01-2005, 04:54 AM
Steve

shazzbat wrote:
"Nyssa" wrote in message

[...]

Come on guys, don't do this to me! It's still 9 or 10 weeks before I
dare to even start my tomatoes. Here, only the hardiest things dare go
in the garden before June 1st. It's usually to wet to work up the garden
before that anyway.

Steve (the other one) in the Adirondacks