Old 18-02-2005, 07:17 PM
kagera

Default seed problems

I have been having little success from starting with seeds. most of my
seeds do germinate and get their first 2 leaves. then within a week the
seedlings turn yellow and die. what am i doing wrong?

seeds that i have the most problems with a
Alpine Strawberry (Mignonette)
Strawberry Sticks (Chenopodium)
Tomato Jelly Bean Hybrid
Lettuce Grand Rapids Leaf

Old 18-02-2005, 11:40 PM
TQ

"kagera" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have been having little success from starting with seeds. most of my
seeds do germinate and get their first 2 leaves. then within a week the
seedlings turn yellow and die. what am i doing wrong?

seeds that i have the most problems with a
Alpine Strawberry (Mignonette)
Strawberry Sticks (Chenopodium)
Tomato Jelly Bean Hybrid
Lettuce Grand Rapids Leaf

Could be too much water (altho the distress symptom would first be wilting)
or the plants are too close to the lights.

Old 19-02-2005, 06:07 PM
kagera

[[Could be too much water (altho the distress symptom would first be
wilting)
or the plants are too close to the lights.]]
im going the "poor" growing method and using good old sun rays though a
window.

[[Are your temps cool? Outside? Inside? ]]
i live in south jersey, right now plants are inside, and it tends to
get a bit chilly at night, Probaly 60-70 inside durring the day.

Old 23-02-2005, 04:20 PM
clc

Number one, make sure you're not watering too much; and when you do water,
do it from the bottom of the container. You could sprinkle some cinnamon on
the top of the soil (it's a natual fungicide) and make sure the plants have
good air circulation (I use a small table fan, on low, pointed towards my
plants.)

Depending on what type of plants you are growing, the window light may or
may not be enough. Plus since you have them in a window, you will need to
turn them daily so that they do not get too leggy reaching for the light.

Cheryl
oups.com...

Old 17-03-2005, 09:10 PM
Texas Tomatoes

I had major problems with this as well and it was not damping off. The
solution I found was I needed natural light. the (8) 4 ft florescents were
more than enough light.... they just didnt provide the right kind. After i
moved plants to natural light at development of true leaves the problem
ended.
oups.com...