Old 05-07-2003, 10:32 PM
Park Tester

Default PROOF that there are problems with Park Seed

http://www.angelfire.com/co4/parktest/
http://www.angelfire.com/co4/parktest/
http://www.angelfire.com/co4/parktest/
http://www.angelfire.com/co4/parktest/
http://www.angelfire.com/co4/parktest/
http://www.angelfire.com/co4/parktest/

Maybe this will shut up the naysayers and the "it's your gardening
skills" finger pointers.
Old 06-07-2003, 03:08 AM
Joseph Meehan

Evidence maybe, proof, no.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Old 06-07-2003, 02:56 PM

I'd say that you now have six possible causes:

1. you
2. Park
3. Schultz Potting Soil Plus
4. Schultz Seed Starter
5. Schultz Seed Aid Mulching Granules ( what the hell is this?)
6.Algoflash all purpose

--beeky

Old 06-07-2003, 06:44 PM
Park Tester

You're a complete moron.

Potting soil was all from the same bag and mixed before putting in
pots. Not the potting soil.

Same with seed starter and mulching granules. Go on with your dumb-ass
"what the hell is this attitude." When planting quality seed, it
pretty much guarantees fast germination as it holds in moisture,
creates a greenhouse effect, and holds seeds in place. It's an awesome
"secret weapon" and I'm thankful more morons like you have this
attitude, otherwise it would be even harder to get than it already is.

Algoflash was also used from the same bottle, same mixed solution for
all six pots.

Seed packets were all stored and handled together.

The ONLY explanation is bad seed from Park in several seed packets.
They are probably not discarding old seed, i.e., they are selling last
season or even older than last season's seeds with the current season.
Or they are mishandling the packets (exposing some of them to heat
such as sitting in the sun, or crushing them).

It's thanks to idiots like you that home gardening seed vendors are
allowed to get away with selling shoddy seed, you brainless bowl of
mealy roaches.

Old 06-07-2003, 06:44 PM
Warren

Park Tester wrote:
You're a complete moron.

One experiment without a control group proves nothing. As someone else
stated, at best it's evidence of a possible situation.

I'd suggest learning a bit about how to conduct a valid experiment
before you start calling other people morons for daring to question your
"method". (And I use the term "method" very loosely in this case.)

What you've managed to prove is that there is something about Park Seed
that upsets you to the point that you become irrational.

--
Warren H.

==========
to go outside now.

Webhosting: 500MB Space, 30G Transfer, 7.95/mo.
http://www.holzemville.com/refer/

Old 06-07-2003, 06:56 PM
Joseph Meehan

Notice that he or she did not even use their real name or even a
standard on-line name. As you have noted the only thing we know for sure is
".. something about Park Seed .. upsets .. (the original poster) to the
point that .. (they) become irrational."

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Old 06-07-2003, 06:56 PM
Park Tester

I should have included the picture of the tree in my front yard around
which I planted 12 packets of Ferry Morse Viola Johnny Jump-Ups, ALL
of which grew to near 100% germination. And that's direct sowing them
in the ground.

How's that for your control group?

P.S. - You're also a moron.

Old 06-07-2003, 06:56 PM
Park Tester

There, I updated with your control group.

http://www.angelfire.com/co4/parktest/
http://www.angelfire.com/co4/parktest/
http://www.angelfire.com/co4/parktest/

Happy?

Of course not, I'm irrational, Park Seed is fine, it's all me. I could
probably take an electron microscope and completely analyze each seed,
and if 90% of them were found to be cracked or crushed, you'd STILL
say the seed is fine.

I'd tell you to go to hell, but it wouldn't matter, because when you
got there, you wouldn't believe that you're there.

Old 06-07-2003, 06:56 PM
Park Tester

Yep, because I prefer to be anonymous, that invalidates direct
evidence of a problem. Genius.

Old 07-07-2003, 02:41 AM
Beecrofter

I was the first to respond that your problems were likely cultural
practices.
Still your experiment is only anecdotal evidence due to other
variables unaccounted for.
Your seed could have just as easily gotten fried in the postal system
or cooked on your letter carriers dashboard, you just don't know.

Best to keep a line of communication going with Parks about your
problem.
Worse than a crank customer is one with legitimate problems that
provides no feedback.

Old 07-07-2003, 08:34 PM
TOM KAN PA

How can you compare seeds/plants in pots to the same variety in open ground?