Old 05-12-2005, 04:24 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
§tudz

Default Amazong Swords

Hi,

I bought a plant package from a mail order service, which I have to say were
excellent specamines, even if they sent me the wron package, lol.

but hey it works for the tank I bought it for, and cost the same, so less of
the blabber and on to me query.

The package contained what were labeled are 'dwarf amazon swords' I have
read about Amazons, and I know they are 6foot + women, erm?
I mean I know they come in hundreds if not thousands of different strains
now. but do they reproduce via runners? as I saw what I though to be a
broken branch from another plant,
but it has grown and the leaves are getting bigger. It seems to be coming
from a clump of the DAS's but I don't want to got diging about and disturb
it too much.

Thanks,

§tudz

Old 06-12-2005, 04:23 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Daniel Morrow

Bottom posted.

- --
You can find my public key at https://keyserver1.pgp.com
"§tudz" wrote in message
[...]

Dwarf amazon swords are greatly underrated. I wish I had some! They
reproduce more than any other sword plant that I know of and are the
easiest to care for, with the former and later traits being rivaled
if any by pygmy chain sword plants. Consider yourself in good shape.
They do reproduce via runners a lot. I have never had any dwarf
amazon swords but I have read more than enough to know I want some
BADLY! Good luck and later!

Old 06-12-2005, 11:16 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
§tudz

"Daniel Morrow" wrote in message

Dwarf amazon swords are greatly underrated. I wish I had some! They
reproduce more than any other sword plant that I know of and are the
easiest to care for, with the former and later traits being rivaled
if any by pygmy chain sword plants. Consider yourself in good shape.
They do reproduce via runners a lot. I have never had any dwarf
amazon swords but I have read more than enough to know I want some
BADLY! Good luck and later!

Well I'm glad that they are reproducing, if it means my tank it good for
them
you can order them from an online mail order site, but I don't know if they
ship over seas.
unless your in the uk, as they are a UK based company.