Old 09-04-2003, 09:56 PM
Empty

Default Eaters of dead plant matter?

Hi all,

I know there are some fish and snails out there that actively seek and eat
dead plant matter... Does anyone know what they are? I'd like t get some
for my 55, as I have some dead plant matter in there pretty much all the
time and I i'd like to make the tank as maintenance-friendly as possible

~Empty

--
'You're not friends. You'll never be friends. You'll be in love till it
kills you both. You'll fight, and you'll shag, and you'll hate each other

Old 10-04-2003, 01:20 AM
LeighMo

The spike-topped apple snail, Pomacea bridgesii.

Just be sure it's a real bridgesii. (See www.applesnail.net) The LFS, even
very good ones, generally won't know the different between one apple snail and
another. And the other Pomacea species eat live, healthy plants.

Leigh