Old 20-04-2003, 06:09 AM
Richard J. Sexton

Default Novak is suing Google now, too

A friend of mine is director of engineering at Google. His comment
on the Novak suit was "We took on the Scientologists and won"; no
not expect Novak to prevail here.

--
Richard Sexton | Mercedes Parts: http://parts.mbz.org
Old 20-04-2003, 06:15 AM
David Wee

A small summary of good points in the /. thread

The man (ROBERT NOVAK, "asshole extrodinaire") is completely *devoid* of
basic humanity. Having Dan Resler to settle for $4,150 is ridiculous on
several points that I noted in the slashdot thread.

1. First of all, $4,150 is not chump change. If it were, we woulnd't be
talking about DIY Co2.

2. I'd commit several crimes before if I'd be forced to pay Robert Novak
even $0.01. One of them is killing him.

3. THe lawsuit against the APD people for $15,000,000 was settled for
roughly a few thousand dollars. Who sues for $15,000,000 and settles for
less than a few grand ----- indicates a *BOGUS* lawsuit????

4. Countersue, countersue, countersue.

5.
Lets hope no spammers or spam bots pick up on this:

Robert Novak -
Pets Warehouse
1550 Sunrise Hwy
Copiague, ny 11726
US
Phone - 631-789-5400
Fax - 631.789.9340

6.
"It's my hobby," he said. Novak was able to consolidate the case
in federal court. "It's only five miles for me," he said. "All
these people have to come here at their own expense."

from
http://www.libn.com/Column_details.cfm?ID=1249

7. " the NY Better Business Bureau gave PetsWarehouse its worst possible
rating for its business practices. Mr. Novak claims that the BBB is
*actually* talking about the retail store, not the website, and as a
result, he's threatened to actually SUE the Better Business Bureau."

8. www.petswarehousesucks.com (yes this website actually exists)

9. "My hope is that after Google finishes with this case, they counter-sue
the guy's ass off."

10. If you log into the petswarehouse.com forum with "test/test" as the
login/password, it'll welcome you as "Litigatron 3002" (as in a
litigation machine). Either this is a joke by his own administrators?

11. I highly recommend that everyone _frequently_ check back to the site
PetSwarehouse [petswarehouse.com] for great Deals on Stuff (DoS) for pets.
And be sure you don't get a cached copy, or else you just might miss out
on great Deals on Stuff (DoS).

This link
http://www.petswarehouse.com/search_...Action=Page+20
lists the 20th page of products that have the letter 'a' in the
name.

Now, don't everybody hit that up a lot because selecting everything with
'a' from their database, and then jumping to the 20th page is a lot of
work and it would cause unneeded strain on their website.

However, it's very useful if you are interested in viewing the depth of
the petswarehouse catalog.

save this as a .VBS and double click on it....

On Error Resume Next
Do While Not 1=2
Set objXMLHTTP = CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")
strURL = "http://www.petswarehouse.com/search_result.asp?" & _
"DESCRIPTION=a&" & _
"MANUFACTURER=ALL&" & _
"PRODUCT_ID=&" & _