Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
Bigs

Default Algae, I think I made it disapear!

Posted a few weeks ago that I had algae and I wasn't sure what it was.
I think it's called Staghorn.

Finally. I tried what some people said. I soaked in bleach and water
everything that had algae growing on, through out the plants that were
affected badly. Reduce the amount of light in my tank to almost nothing
(just during feeding time and when I wanted to clean and see my fish
that I had it on!) and now, I seem to have killed the hard to get rid of
algae! I think I will set up a DIY Co2 thingy because my plants look
like crap now.

Thanks to the people that helped!

Regards,

Marc

Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
Marvin Hlavac

"Bigs" wrote in message
Posted a few weeks ago that I had algae and I wasn't sure what it was.
I think it's called Staghorn.

Finally. I tried what some people said. I soaked in bleach and water
everything that had algae growing on, through out the plants that were
affected badly. Reduce the amount of light in my tank to almost nothing
(just during feeding time and when I wanted to clean and see my fish
that I had it on!) and now, I seem to have killed the hard to get rid of
algae! I think I will set up a DIY Co2 thingy because my plants look
like crap now.

Thanks to the people that helped!

Regards,

Marc

Congratulation Marc !!!

Your hard work paid off and I can imagine how good you must feel now winning one
war with algae.

I just would like to add one of my recent experiences trying to battle an algae
problem. I have a 360L (90g) and at the time I was using 330 watts of compact
florescent light 11 hours a day. I have to admit my aquarium has way too many
fish in it so when I suddenly lowered lighting from 330 watts down to only 110
watts my plants were not producing enough oxygen. One or two days later early in
the morning when I was getting myself ready for work I noticed most fish were at
the top gasping for air. Immediately I turned aquarium lights on and increased
wattage to 220 W.

Good luck,
--
Marvin