Old 20-04-2003, 06:14 AM
Mike K

Default Glo-Mat 2 Electronic Ballast

Has anyone here used this product? Right now I have 2 48" T-12 tubes and 2
36" T-8 tubes over my 55 gal and I'd like to switch the T-8s to T-12s. This
GloMat 2 is very inexpensive at BigAls online but I'd like some usage
reports first. Thanks!

Old 20-04-2003, 06:14 AM
Malcom

Mike.

I for one think the Glo-Mats are an excellent product. The Glo-Mat 2's
at least. The singles don't have the electronic ballast so they still
get the 'blink, flash - light's on' effect.

Anyway, you asked about the 2's. I use a 30W Glo-Mat 2 and love it's
versatility. It's basically the elec. ballast w/power switch. 3 cords
out one end (2 splash-proof end caps and the power cord) and 2 end
caps out the other end. I'm not sure of the length of the cables but
they're long enough to tuck everything away while keeping the ballast
out from under the hood, which is great for warmer climes and or
summers. It also comes with 4 tube clips to hold the tubes to a
reflector/hood.

Great product if you live in sub-tropic or warmer areas, among other
things (elec. ballast gives the tubes a longer life, use any reflector
you like, or none at all, nothing to rust from moisture/splashes,
simple and effective). I'm getting another one and ridding myself of
the 'single-PVC-with-std.-ballast-bolted-on-for-$70-AU-piece-of-junk'.

I used flat white 'contact' on the underside of my hood and screwed
the tube clips into the timer. Works like a charm.

Electronic Ballast with no bulbs Bill Stock Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 02-11-2006 10:11 PM
Sun Glo Greenhouses wendy7 Orchids 0 22-02-2004 03:18 AM
Sun Glo Greenhouses wendy7 Orchids 0 22-02-2004 03:18 AM
Where to get a good electronic ballast for 3/4 Fluorescents? X-Addict Freshwater Aquaria Plants 6 20-04-2003 06:14 AM
Power glo vs Aqua Glow? Sherry Michael Weller Freshwater Aquaria Plants 8 19-04-2003 08:44 PM