Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
Bruce Geist

Default Source for 5lb CO2 tank

I bought a shiny new aluminum tank with my CO2 system, and I exchanged it
for a filled but old and ugly steel tank. Oh well.

I get my CO2 from a welding supply place. They sell filled tanks for about
fifty bucks.

-Bruce
"Chuck Gadd" wrote in message
On Thu, 02 Jan 2003 16:29:06 -0600, Chris Spierings
wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good source for a 5lb CO2 tank? I've explored
things locally and it looks like they don't want to rent anything that
small so I'm faced with purchasing.

I'd look in the yellow pages (online version is best) and check out
welding suppliers, gas suppliers, restaurant suppliers, brewing
suppliers, beverage suppliers, etc.

You don't need, or even want a new tank. It would probably cost more,
and most places don't actually re-fill YOUR tank, they simply sway
your empty tank for a filled one, so you won't get your new shiny tank
for long anyway. When I first got my tank, there were about 10
places within 20 minutes of my house that would exchange my 5 or 10lb
CO2 tank, and only one place that would actually fill my tank on site,
and that place stopped doing on-site fills a few months ago.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua

Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Joe Ferenchik

Thats what you're going to have to do. You actually "purchase" a tank.
What happens in reality is that when the tank needs refilling you'll
swap the tank you have with another one. The basic reason for doing
this is that ALL compressed gas tanks have to go through a testing
process every few years, to assure that they aren't going to explode
when filled with the compressed gas. Most holding tanks including an
air compressors tank will rust from the inside out. There is water
vapor in most everything to a certain degree. You'll see this when
water condenses on the outside of a cold beverage can. The problem
with this is that you don't know there is a problem until the tank
explodes. Hydrostatic testing will cause a tank to show it's condition
before it causes a problem you need to be concerned with.

On Thu, 02 Jan 2003 16:29:06 -0600, Chris Spierings
wrote:

Thanks

Chris

Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Aqua

What happens in reality is that when the tank needs refilling you'll
swap the tank you have with another one. The basic reason for doing

In my place they refill in front of me and give "my" cylinder back.

Here is my setup http://www.dlink.org/aqua/CO2.html

--
Thank You

Dominic