Old 27-04-2003, 05:56 PM
Wellman

Default Plant fertilizer & algae

I have a bottle of Hagen Plant Gro fertilizer. It says iron enriched and
has the numbers 0.15-0-0 on it. Will this also make algae grow?

Martin

Old 28-04-2003, 12:20 AM
LeighMo

I have a bottle of Hagen Plant Gro fertilizer. It says iron enriched and
has the numbers 0.15-0-0 on it. Will this also make algae grow?

Interesting. I have some Hagen Plant Gro, and it has nitrogen, potassium, and
phosphorus in it. Looks like what you have has only nitrogen.

Personally, I don't like Plant Gro. I prefer to add nitrate separately from
iron and other traces.

You don't say what kind of tank you have. If you have a low-light tank, you
may be better off with something like Tetra Florapride, which has iron and
potassium, but no nitrate. If you have a high-light tank, you probably need a
more complete fertilizer, like Flourish or Tropica Mastergrow, and nitrate
added separately.

Leigh