Old 18-07-2003, 10:16 AM
Eric Schreiber

Default Free 12 Plants for the USA - You Pay S/H

AC/DCdude17 wrote:

I think you're just getting P'ed off at me for being honest.

More like annoyed with you for attacking someone who is providing
extremely good deals to fellow hobbyists.

--
www.ericschreiber.com
Old 18-07-2003, 10:16 AM
LeighMo

This was in response to your comment "Priority Mail shipping rules have
changed.
It's no longer $3 or $4 to anywhere
in the country. ". Priority has never been $3 or $4 nationwide without a
regard to
weight. It is only the case for 1lbs or less and it's implies that we're
talking
about 1lbs or less package.

You're wrong. Priority Mail used to be the same rate anywhere in the country.
And there used to be a "two pound pack" -- up to two pounds for one flat rate.
Over that, and it was more money, but it was the same rate for anywhere in the
U.S.

I mail a lot of packages, and have for years. I used to love Priority Mail.
It made things so easy. Just stick ten stamps on the package, and drop it in
the mail box. No need to go to the P.O. That was the whole point of Priority
Mail; it was supposed to spare you a trip to the P.O. and make it easier to
mail packages. That was ended by the Unibomber. Because of him, they changed
the rules so that if a package was over a pound, you had to go to the PO, just
to prove you weren't a terrorist. Then they started raising rates, and then
they got rid of the two-pound pack and started this "zone" pricing. Everything
that made Priority Mail great is gone.

If you already knew they're going to be more than a pound, why did you even
raise a
topic about shipping rate for 1lb?

Er...I didn't. You did.

Yeah, so let's charge them for maximum possible weight the package might be
and
coast-to-coast rate. oh what a wonderful idea.

Why should they lose money, when they're doing something out of the goodness of
their hearts?

If you've no idea how much it will cost to ship, what data do you use to
derive the
fixed shipping rate?

I have some idea. But I can't know the exact rate, and you're suggesting that
I charge the exact rate, no more, no less.

BS. Don't tell me each box weighs SIGNIFICANTLY different when it contains
very
similar item in similar packaging. If you figure out the weight ONCE, weight
of
subsequent package can be assumed.

It can. Because plants are packed in wet newspaper, the amount of water in
each package can be very different, and the weight thus very different. Sure,
I have an idea of how much the package will weigh, but not enough to tell if
it's going to cost $5 or $10.

I think you're just getting P'ed off at me for being honest.

Why should I be mad? I'm not the one who posted the message and earned your
ire. It's Dominic who should be P'ed off, if anyone is.

If the purpose is philanthropical, giving away something is part of it, but
shipping labor isn't included and requires monetary compensation in form of
handling?

No, but if you're getting something for free (or for much cheaper than you
could get from a merchant), then you shouldn't get bent out of shape if your
benefactor rounds up a few bucks, for the sake of convenience. He has a right
to make it as easy as possible for himself, and to not lose money on the deal.

Leigh

Old 18-07-2003, 10:16 AM
Mort

Seriously, don't let the complainers get you down on this. $8 S/H for
the number of plants you provide is an excellent deal, and most of us
here recognize that.

That's ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! I dont care if all $8 is 100% profit, it is STILL
a great deal.

~Mort

Old 18-07-2003, 10:16 AM
Chuck Gadd

You pay shipping and handling $8.00 including USPS Priority with delivery
confirmation.

Seems to me that you're making money off of the "handling" portion, which
makes this NOT FREE.

Yeah, he's getting rich off the few bucks over the actual postage
cost. Yup, I bet that might pay a little bit of the fertilizers, CO2,
lighting, etc that grew the plants.

I'll be sure to put any of these whiners on my "f* off" list next time
I offer free (and/or cheap) plants.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua
Old 18-07-2003, 10:16 AM
Mort

"Chuck Gadd" wrote in message
You pay shipping and handling $8.00 including USPS Priority with

delivery
confirmation.

Seems to me that you're making money off of the "handling" portion, which
makes this NOT FREE.

Yeah, he's getting rich off the few bucks over the actual postage
cost. Yup, I bet that might pay a little bit of the fertilizers, CO2,
lighting, etc that grew the plants.

I'll be sure to put any of these whiners on my "f* off" list next time
I offer free (and/or cheap) plants.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua

You tell 'em Chuck!

~Mort

Old 18-07-2003, 10:16 AM
Jay Luto

"Aqua" wrote in message ...
One batch gone and one more available.

--
Thank You

Dominic
http://www.dlink.org/aqua

Do you still have second batch available ?

Thanks
Old 18-07-2003, 10:16 AM
Jay Luto

Do you have any clippings left ?