Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-09-2003, 11:02 AM
Dick

Default Quarantine tank

I just got a 10 gallon tank I plan to leave empty to use as a
quarantine tank. I have had some questions and would like to know
what is the best way to keep a tank available for babies, health
problems, observation of new fish.

I have a heater in the tank, but plan to leave it off until needed. I
would do a partial water change with hot water to bring the tank to 78
degrees at that time.

I have sand on the bottom, didn't like looking at the glass.

I could put a Whisper Jr. filter on, but not sure of the value with no
fish in the tank. Could turn it on when putting fish in.

The tank is in my Utility room which has an automatic light as well as
an door which is left open. Should I cover the tank when it is not in
use.

The idea of a tank with aged water seems good, but I just am not sure
of the practical problems keeping such a tank presents.

Ideas any one?

Retroactive Quarantine? [email protected] Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 25-02-2005 01:57 PM
To Quarantine first fish in tank... or not? Harry Muscle Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 09-01-2004 02:19 PM
Quarantine question ~ jan Ponds 0 04-05-2003 07:20 AM
Quarantine Tank Advice LeilaniR Ponds 2 19-03-2003 01:44 AM
UV sterilizers: substitute for initial quarantine? LeighMo Freshwater Aquaria Plants 9 16-02-2003 03:34 PM