Old 09-11-2003, 10:03 PM
Tzeentch

Default Bacopa getting way to big (high), how should I trim?

Hey people,

When I started my aquarium, 2 years ago, the Bacopa I have now weren't
doing well. But since I changed the lighting, added CO2, fertilizer and
switched to flourite, they're now growing like crazy (like all the other
plants in that setup). This 25 gallon aquarium is 16 inch high, but those
some of those bacopas are now 27 inch long! Also, they seem to be growing
root-like shoots all over, some of those are also getting pretty long.

I was thus wondering how can I safely trim them a little? Can I do like
I do with my Valsineria and simply cut the excess without problems? And
what about those root-like shoots? Can I cut that off safely without
killing off the plant?
I would post a photo on the bin newsgroup, but I don't have a digital camera
or a scanner.

Also, if I can cut the excess of those Bacopa, can the cuts be
replanted? Could I give some away with people receiving them being able to
replant them? If so, anybody in Montreal (QC) wants some, I also have extra
Vals, java moss and lots of baby mollies?

Thanks for any and all answers.

Tzeentch

Old 09-11-2003, 10:51 PM
Bob Alston

Bacopa are typical stem plants. You can cut off wherever you want. New
growth will appear from the lower part. Also you can plant the broken off
part.

Don't know about the root like parts. I guess they are real roots. I have
never messed with them.

--
Bob Alston

bobalston9 AT aol DOT com

Old 21-11-2003, 09:12 PM
Dan Drake

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 22:38:57 UTC, "Bob Alston" wrote:

Bacopa are typical stem plants. You can cut off wherever you want. New
growth will appear from the lower part. Also you can plant the broken off
part.

Keep cutting off tops and planting them, and you can have a forest of the
things in a pretty short time.

Don't know about the root like parts. I guess they are real roots. I have
never messed with them.

Adventitious roots, they're called. Trim your cuttings and plant them so
that the roots are under the gravel, and the plant shoot root and grow
even faster than it will without them.

--
Dan Drake

http://www.dandrake.com

Human rights in Cuba: 600 prisoners held 18 months and more,
without charge, without bail, without counsel, facing trial by
secret special tribunals with power to impose the death
penalty. And that's just one place. Guantanamo.

Bacopa Seeds? Ron H Australia 0 31-12-2003 07:43 PM
Bacopa caroliniana Miguel Sanchez Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 20-04-2003 06:17 AM
Someone's been eating my bacopa! Dinky Freshwater Aquaria Plants 4 20-04-2003 06:12 AM