Old 28-02-2004, 03:44 PM
BobWu

Default carbo plus voltage

I just got this unit from LFS. The store told me it run at 110V (the
normal voltage in USA). However, the manual says it runs at 230V. Who
should I trust? Anyone tried this in US?
Old 28-02-2004, 06:09 PM
Chuckles

BobWu wrote:
I just got this unit from LFS. The store told me it run at 110V (the
normal voltage in USA). However, the manual says it runs at 230V. Who
should I trust? Anyone tried this in US?

There is a BIG difference between 120 and 230 volts. 120 volts uses one
hot wire and 230 uses 2 hot wires. I would get back in touch with
your LFS who sold it to you and get them to show you how to hook it up.
230 also uses a different kind of receptacle on it so you cannot plug
120V into it. You can also see if they have a web site to verify that
it is 230V and not 120. Hope this helps

Old 28-02-2004, 07:38 PM
Rich

The thing is made in Germany and originally made for a European market.
They simply didn't update the specs. If the plug is the standard North
American plug it's 120..230 looks very different. You may have seen
conversion travel kits for this very thing (convert your 120 shaver to 230
when you visit Europe)..because the plugs are different. Plug the thing in
and go...
I've been using mine for a month now...got rid of the DIY stuff...I love it.
My plants also are enjoying the c02.

Relax and enjoy the results.
Rich

om...

Old 28-02-2004, 11:17 PM
Robert MacCara

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 14:20:14 -0500, Rich wrote:

The thing is made in Germany and originally made for a European market.
They simply didn't update the specs. If the plug is the standard North
American plug it's 120..230 looks very different. You may have seen
conversion travel kits for this very thing (convert your 120 shaver to 230
when you visit Europe)..because the plugs are different. Plug the thing
in and go...
I've been using mine for a month now...got rid of the DIY stuff...I love
it. My plants also are enjoying the c02.

How big a tank does the Carbo Plus "work" with? I have seen ads for it
that say "smaller" tanks, but that's not very enlighening...
Thanks,
Rob

Old 29-02-2004, 12:13 AM
John Carr

How big a tank does the Carbo Plus "work" with? I have seen ads for it
that say "smaller" tanks, but that's not very enlighening...
Thanks,
Rob

I have had one on a 55gal. for over three years (110w compact
fluorescent). My Amazon Swords are large, healthy and growing.
Also one on a 20gal (32w compact fluorescent) with equal success.

As a previous poster said "Relax and enjoy the results."

Old 11-03-2004, 04:31 PM
Bradley H. Davis

I live in the UK which uses a 3 pin 240v plug, but the carbo plus unit came
with some sort of second plug I had to use to plug it in. However, the
results I achieved are truly awesome!! The plants in my tank are going
absolutely crazy!!!

Bradley