Old 06-04-2004, 09:33 PM
Michi Henning

Default Anubias to driftwood ?

"DEAN & MELISSA WILLIAMS" wrote in message
Hi from downunder
How do you attach Anubias to driftwood ?
I have tried fishing line but it became loose before the roots take hold
any advice welcome.

I use the lead wire that you get when you buy plants. One or two pieces
over the rhizome and part of the roots are enough to keep the plant
weighted down until it has attached itself. And the lead wire is easy
to remove once that has happened.

Cheers,

Michi.
--
Michi Henning Ph: +61 4 1118-2700
ZeroC, Inc. http://www.zeroc.com

Old 06-04-2004, 09:34 PM
Michi Henning

"JazzyB" jazzybjazzy KILL SPAM @hotmail.com wrote in message
Fishing line works for me. Just make sure you tie a knot so that it is
fastened securely.

Yes, but it's a bitch to tie knots into because it's thin (or stiff, if
thicker),
and slippery. Cotton thread is a good alternative (the rough kind that you
use for cooking, to roasts together). Thick and pliable enough to easily
handle and tie up, and you don't even have to remove it because it rots
away after a few months.

Cheers,

Michi.

Old 06-04-2004, 09:35 PM
Grae

I agree with the post above me.I steal wifes black cotton thread from her
sewing kit and gently tie it down.Just done tell her.It also looks like root
and doesnt stand out( use black) Its also good to see another downunder on
her.Im in Perth.