Old 09-06-2004, 03:22 PM
Tom B.

Default Hoses for a Fluval 204

I want to replace the plastic ribbed hoses that cam ewith my Fluval 204 with
vynal tubing, but I dont know what size I should get. I am mostly worried
about the connections at the filter, the input output ends will have custom
PVC joints going into the tank.

Old 09-06-2004, 03:22 PM
RedForeman ©®

|| I want to replace the plastic ribbed hoses that cam ewith my Fluval
|| 204 with vynal tubing, but I dont know what size I should get. I am
|| mostly worried about the connections at the filter, the input output
|| ends will have custom PVC joints going into the tank.

I think the Fluval hoses are only ½, which I don't use Fluval, so I can't
help..

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/marcanistfltfaqs.htm

--
RedForeman ©® future fabricator and creator of a ratbike
streetfighter!!! ==========================

is that better??

Old 09-06-2004, 03:22 PM
Rikko

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 23:30:52 -0500, "Tom B."
wrote:

I want to replace the plastic ribbed hoses that cam ewith my Fluval 204 with
vynal tubing, but I dont know what size I should get. I am mostly worried
about the connections at the filter, the input output ends will have custom
PVC joints going into the tank.

Stick a tape measure across the connection and see what you get. I
have one running in the other room that I would say it's probably
5/8".

Why do you want to change hoses, though? The ribbed hose (they grey
stuff) doesn't kink and hides the ugly gunk that you would get in
clear tubing.
If you want some, btw, I'd suggest a LFS rather than a hardware store.
You pay 2x as much but it's a lot more resilient. The stuff I've
always seen in the plumbing area is already pre-kinked from storage.
You may find higher quality tubing at a winemaking supply store or
something similar.
Old 09-06-2004, 03:22 PM
Bob

"Tom B." wrote in message
I want to replace the plastic ribbed hoses that cam ewith my Fluval 204

with
vynal tubing, but I dont know what size I should get. I am mostly worried
about the connections at the filter, the input output ends will have

custom
PVC joints going into the tank.

it's 12mm hosing...however, the ribbed tubing is totally superior...I wish
all filters used it...I won't rant on it here, but if you want to know WHY
it is better, by experience, I will be GLAD to elaborate. If you are
worried how to plumb it into the tank just use the rubber adapter sleeves or
order more from fluval your # is A-20016

Bob

Old 09-06-2004, 03:22 PM
Tom B.

Well I have a surface skimmer that is currently hooked up to the fluval
tubing, and it does actually fit but the skimmer came with this dorky tube
to connect it with and I don't really want to use it. I would like to
eventually hook up an external CO2 reactor and I didn't think it would be
possible with the plastic scuff, but if they sell the rubber end pieces then
I would probably be okay. I was primarily looking for a replacement though
because when I was installing the filter my cats chewed on the tubing a bit,
it has some teeth marks but has been water tight so far but for how much
longer I don't know.

Old 09-06-2004, 03:22 PM
Bob

because when I was installing the filter my cats chewed on the tubing a
bit,
it has some teeth marks but has been water tight so far but for how much
longer I don't know.

yikes, might want to replace it then...because it is much thinner than the
vinal tubing...which I am sure your cat couldn't chew through to
easy....cats can be trouble.

Old 11-06-2004, 06:05 PM
Harry Muscle

"Tom B." wrote in message
I want to replace the plastic ribbed hoses that cam ewith my Fluval 204

with
vynal tubing, but I dont know what size I should get. I am mostly worried
about the connections at the filter, the input output ends will have

custom
PVC joints going into the tank.

This might help:

http://www.pricenetwork.ca/forum/sho...&postid=106978

Harry

Old 12-06-2004, 03:03 AM
Tom B.

Yes that was very informative thank you, particularily the part about
bending the tubing.