Old 25-03-2005, 01:30 AM
Peter Demski

Default New Plant Identification

I posted this on freshwater.misc first but was referred here to help me
identify
my new plants

Well I finally got tired of plastic plants and put some live ones in. Two of
which I wasn't able to identify with my (extremely) limited plant knowledge.
I figured for $3 it wasn't a bad deal. Can anyone Identify them by the pics
on my tank page? Also I had noticed for a few days that one of my guppies
fins started to get shorter. A few days later I noticed a white 'line'
around the edge of the tail fin. At this point I took her out and put her
into a quarantine tank I have. The tank is at 80F with about 1/2 the amount
of salt suggested for a 10 gal tank. She is also missing some scales below
the dorsal fin. I am not aware of any mechanical damage that could have
happened. Anyone have any suggestions on this one? I didn't add the new
plants until after the sick fish was taken out so they are not related.

My tank page link:
http://www.rl-anime.com/aquaria.html

Please take a look and let me know if you can identify anything in there

TIA

--
Peter
'94 Duster 3.0 604 light mods done --New tranny in just gotta get bushings

Old 25-03-2005, 11:07 PM
sophie

In message , Peter
Demski writes

I posted this on freshwater.misc first but was referred here to help me
identify
my new plants

Well I finally got tired of plastic plants and put some live ones in. Two of
which I wasn't able to identify with my (extremely) limited plant knowledge.
I figured for $3 it wasn't a bad deal. Can anyone Identify them by the pics
on my tank page?

the very fine-leaved one is hornwort, the similar one with
broader/shorter leaves is probably anacharis.
hornwort grows like a weed on steroids, or it does for me.

--
sophie
Old 28-03-2005, 01:51 PM
Peter Demski

Thanks for the info Sophie. I got back after going out of town for
3 days and I swear it grew almost a foot since I left(pictures on webpage).
Hopefully it will calm down a little soon or I may run out of room for fish

Thanks!

Peter

Old 01-04-2005, 11:38 AM
Earthenticity

Peter Demski wrote:
Thanks for the info Sophie. I got back after going out of town for
3 days and I swear it grew almost a foot since I left(pictures on webpage).
Hopefully it will calm down a little soon or I may run out of room for fish

Thanks!

Peter

the very fine-leaved one is hornwort, the similar one with broader/shorter
leaves is probably anacharis.
hornwort grows like a weed on steroids, or it does for me.

--
sophie

just had a squiz at ur website.
the plant u have labelled as what the heck is this looks similar to
elodea, a cold water plant. Not saying it is, but it looks similar.