Old 25-04-2005, 02:21 AM

Shoplights work just fine dude, trust me, I have been using shoplights
on my silver dollar (for over a year) and turtle tanks with no
corrosion or any shocks or electrocutions. Just use glass or a
transparent sheet of plastic under the shoplights if you are so
concerned and/or use a gfci and/or use a power strip and switch off the
electricity before touching it. All you need is basic simple common
sense to never be electrocuted or shocked by an aquarium. Besides - my
elcheapo shop lights are fully grounded which is a good basic safety
mechanism. Graham - I suggest you calm down, sit down, unbelt and unzip
your pants and just relax. [snicker] Later!

Old 25-04-2005, 10:48 PM

I use a 48 inch t12 reptisun connected to the shoplight (the shoplight
chassis did not come with any bulbs so I bought a reptisun and a bulk
package of 40 watt t12 48 inch bulbs/tubes, but yes - you are right)
and 1 40 watt standard fluorescent t12 48 inch tube. Yes - the
shoplight runs a reptisun and a standard fluorescent tube at the same
time. The turtle tank also has a basking light used for a few hours
each day.

Old 26-04-2005, 03:41 AM
Warner B

Turtles also like it nice and hot. I had kept turtles indoor,
and sometimes they get skin fungus, they also tear up the tank
and munch on the plants. When I kept them outside, they love
it. Fungus went away and they stretch out their legs and bask
for hours and get really dark and hot. I have one that is out
there many years and its shell is thick and dark like an old
oak. He also survived the dog attack, when 2 others died; even
a small hole in the shell is dangerous because it can drain
them. They are interesting and hardy when taken care of.

In article 1114465718.283111.195230
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com, says...