Old 05-01-2007, 03:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default A birthday surprise from the residents of Fairy Holler!

I had a most wonderful surprise from the residents of Fairy Holler on my
birthday today........For the first time ever, I have a Hellebore
blooming in January! It's this beautiful burgundy one, aren't they
BEAUTIFUL????? More than worthy for an old gardening hippie like
meself! LOL

madgardener up on the rainy, spring-like ridge, back in Fairy Holler,
overlooking a misty and cloudy English Mountain in Eastern Tennessee,
zone 7, Sunset zones 36 where the Cornelian Cherry is trying to pop as
well!!

Attached Thumbnails
A birthday surprise from the residents of Fairy Holler!-1-04-2007-009.jpg   A birthday surprise from the residents of Fairy Holler!-1-04-2007-008.jpg
Old 05-01-2007, 06:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Indeed beautiful, one of my favorite colors, Happy Birthday. Sure is
strange weather this year, it's 52º here in Michigan today, normal is more
like 30º.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"madgardener" wrote in message
I had a most wonderful surprise from the residents of Fairy Holler on my
birthday today........For the first time ever, I have a Hellebore
blooming in January! It's this beautiful burgundy one, aren't they
BEAUTIFUL????? More than worthy for an old gardening hippie like
meself! LOL

I've had a lot of pleasure from them in the past but don't know what's
happened to them recently ... I do have some beautiful (to me) small green
ones but they bloom in spring.

Mary

Old 06-01-2007, 12:55 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Happy Birthday Maddie. It is lovely. Shall we plant tomatoes? What weird
weather we are having this year. I think we will be mumbling in Feburary,
shovelling our buns off.

--

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the
intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well

"WOO HOO what a ride!"

Old 06-01-2007, 03:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

madgardener expounded:

I had a most wonderful surprise from the residents of Fairy Holler on my
birthday today........For the first time ever, I have a Hellebore
blooming in January! It's this beautiful burgundy one, aren't they
BEAUTIFUL????? More than worthy for an old gardening hippie like
meself! LOL

Those are gorgeous, Maddie, and Happy Birthday!

madgardener up on the rainy, spring-like ridge, back in Fairy Holler,
overlooking a misty and cloudy English Mountain in Eastern Tennessee,
zone 7, Sunset zones 36 where the Cornelian Cherry is trying to pop as
well!!

From Ann, on a rainy spring-like Saturday where the temperature has
*dropped* to 60 degrees - but the sun hasn't come out yet!
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts