Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2007, 05:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Hey, Rob! The photo attachements didn't work

Ann wrote:
Wolf Kirchmeir expounded:

Er, do you mean you save messages? I rarely do.

O'wise, I don't understand your comment, hence don't understand how
Agent is an advantage.

Yes, I do save them, because I want them for archival purposes,
especially for picture posts and threads that interest me. I've got
threads saved from rec.gardens where I've been a participant for over
12 years. The advantage is that the posts and threads are all still
there in my rec.gardens folder where I can find things easily if I
want to.

Well, yes, that I understand, I just don't save nearly as much as you
do, is all.

I get the impression that the data folders you've created are within the
program. You can do that with T'Bird, too, but I don't think it's an
advantage at all. Quite the opposite. My data folders are outside the
program, and even on a different partitions (drives). I'm paranoid about
data loss, and _never_ keep data on the same partition as the program
that generates it. I'm about to implement a RAID1 (mirrored HDD) system
on this machine - two 250GB drives.

[IMG] code is On

Work, Work, Work Hud Edible Gardening 21 10-05-2007 12:23 AM
Attn:- Rob Halgren wendy7 Orchids 2 01-12-2004 04:46 PM
Nemaslug didn't work Bruce Ella United Kingdom 4 17-06-2003 06:08 PM
Chicken and Dumplings didn't work zhanataya Gardening 10 03-03-2003 04:39 AM