Old 09-10-2007, 02:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Asiatic Lily

Blooming in my garden now.

Attached Thumbnails
Asiatic Lily-b-3511-asiaticlily-09-10-07-30-400.jpg
Old 09-10-2007, 03:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
"Marutchi" BarbaraH*REMOVE wrote:

[Image]

How are you getting those matte white backgrounds?
That is so cool. :-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove both _ (underscores) to validate gmail e-mails.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein
Old 09-10-2007, 06:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Asiatic Lily - WET360PegasusErased.jpg (1/1)

In article ,
"Jim Carlock" wrote:

"Omelet" asked...
: How are you getting those matte white backgrounds?
: That is so cool. :-)

Wait for Barbara's answer. I'm just posting the same flower
with a different background. Photo editing software makes
changing the background pretty easy.

I don't have a tool that grabs the commentary from the original
and places it into the new picture. The editor used to make the
new picture here does not keep the comments inside the picture
and does not provide a way to put the commentary into it. It's
older software made by Microsoft.

I need an editor that will keep the comments. I bet Barbara's
software handles such comments without having to use another
tool. Perhaps she can knows of such a tool and can help out in
that way.

Nice. :-)

With the white background, that makes it easy to pick it out and place
it on a new background using a transparency. That, I can do with
photoshop.

It's just that I can't get an initial white or solid background without
doing a lot of patient erasing to start with in many cases. Here is a
good example. The original background from this critter was similar in
color to the subject so it had to be erased by hand before I could use
it; I could not do it by color. He was then used later in a couple of
re-worked backgrounds as the black could all be erased with a simple
color choice and a giant brush.

Old 09-10-2007, 09:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Omelet wrote:

How are you getting those matte white backgrounds?
That is so cool. :-)

It's a wall in the background, the lower part of our house.

Old 09-10-2007, 09:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Jim Carlock wrote:
Wait for Barbara's answer. I'm just posting the same flower
with a different background. Photo editing software makes
changing the background pretty easy.

I don't have a tool that grabs the commentary from the original
and places it into the new picture. The editor used to make the
new picture here does not keep the comments inside the picture
and does not provide a way to put the commentary into it. It's
older software made by Microsoft.

I need an editor that will keep the comments. I bet Barbara's
software handles such comments without having to use another
tool. Perhaps she can knows of such a tool and can help out in
that way.

That's rather clever, I'm afraid I cannot do photo shop (or in my case
PaintShop Pro)
I use walls or place flowers on a white table or use some other backdrop.

Old 09-10-2007, 09:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Marutchi wrote:
Omelet wrote:

How are you getting those matte white backgrounds?
That is so cool. :-)

It's a wall in the background, the lower part of our house.

Isn't it funny how people sometimes think that a picture is done in some
complex manner?

BTW, my two cents on this if you DO need to backdrop a flower while
taking a picture. Pick yourself up a sheet of foam core at Wal*Mart and
use it. Just set it back away from the subject a bit. VERY light and
easy to work with.

A scrap of wall paper mounted to cardboard would also work for a small
subject backdrop. So long as you don't go nuts with the choice of wall
paper this can be cool.

All else fails, use a pillow case over a couple of stakes to support it.

Just some ideas for those feeling creative..

BTW, whiting out a background in Photoshop is a long and tiring process
to do it good. Save yourself the trouble and backdrop.. Then play in
PS..

Old 10-10-2007, 06:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Omelet wrote:

How are you getting those matte white backgrounds?
That is so cool. :-)

It's a wall in the background, the lower part of our house.

Ooooh! Hi tech! :-)

LOL, I'm a real low-tech girl. :-)

Old 10-10-2007, 01:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Omelet wrote:

How are you getting those matte white backgrounds?
That is so cool. :-)

It's a wall in the background, the lower part of our house.

Ooooh! Hi tech! :-)

LOL, I'm a real low-tech girl. :-)

Yeah, I was going to say that but only because you said it was the low
part of your house. LOL
Old 10-10-2007, 05:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Omelet wrote:

How are you getting those matte white backgrounds?
That is so cool. :-)

It's a wall in the background, the lower part of our house.

Sure looks great!

Thanks.

Old 10-10-2007, 05:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
Scott Hildenbrand wrote:

Marutchi wrote:
Omelet wrote:

[...]

lol Totally agreed!

Old 10-10-2007, 06:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Digital editing (was Asiatic Lily) - LSHaansCreekTrail.jpg (1/1)

In article ,
"Jim Carlock" wrote:

Anyways, PhotoDraw provides some great tools for erasing colors.
I typically select a square drawing tool and highlight large
areas, making sure the fill all gets a white or black or perhaps
some other fill if needed. Then I can do a 'local erase' meaning
it does not erase ALL of that color, but only contiguous areas of
that color. So it works well, but it's not perfect. In fact, it
can be a slight pain at times, as you mention.

I probably should go to work for a software store to learn once
again about all the software that's available.

What software did you say you used? I've tried the GIMP software
and it does have some interesting things, but it seems to lack
quality erasure tools, smudging brushes. And everytime I try to
use it it doesn't work any longer. A royal pain that requires
re-installing. Go figure.

--
Jim Carlock

I drive a Mac and use Adobe Photoshop CS. It's a fairly recent updated
program and I've also added a couple of sets of "aftermarket" special
effects software filters, one from "Alien skin" and another set from
"Plugin Galaxy" for it that have been a lot of fun for digital
"painting" and photo tweaking.

Adobe CS by itself has excellent erasing tools as well as the "cloning"
tool (that I use a LOT) for patching flaws. If needed, you can zoom in
and erase on a pixel to pixel basis after transferring the pic onto a
"transparent" background that is then stored as a pdf file. Handiest for
importing subjects and using some of the better special effects filters
such as adding smoke, flame and shadows.

It's a very complex program and even after over 10 years of using it, I
still don't know all it's ins, outs and complexities. :-)

Careful use of the smudge tool is handy after using the cloning tool.
I've made patches that you cannot even hardly tell. Here is a good
example of a lovely pic a friend sent me. Originally, there was a human
buddy of his standing right in the middle of it. You cannot really tell
that it's been clone erased except for one fern plant that is obviously
cloned. I'll fix it later. g

Old 10-10-2007, 09:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

joevan wrote:

Yeah, I was going to say that but only because you said it was the low
part of your house. LOL

LOL