Old 15-03-2008, 10:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Stuff on leaf

Can any one tell what this is on a leaf of one of my plants? Thank you.

--
Paul O.

Old 16-03-2008, 01:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Looks like WhiteFly, they lay eggs in a circle & have all this whispy white
stuff.
A soap or oil spray would do. I was told that the eggs hatch every three
days so you need to
spray often until they are gone. They love Hibiscus & large leafed plants.
I think I used Neem oil.
Good luck
Cheers Wendy

Old 16-03-2008, 06:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Paul, You don't have to buy the pure Neem, I found a brand by Greenlight at
Armstrong nurseries, just check at your
local nsy.
Cheers Wendy

"Paul O." wrote in message
By the way, can Neem oil be found locally in stores, or do you have to get
it online?
--
Paul O.

"Paul O." wrote in message
Thanks for the info.
--
Paul O.

Old 16-03-2008, 06:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Paul O." wrote in message
By the way, can Neem oil be found locally in stores, or do you have to get
it online?
--
Paul O.

"Paul O." wrote in message
Thanks for the info.
--
Paul O.

Old 16-03-2008, 03:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Paul O." wrote in message
Can any one tell what this is on a leaf of one of my plants? Thank you.

--
Paul O.

Use 1 part dish-washing soap (liquid) to 40 parts water. the mix will
soak into their spiracles and drown them. This works for other baddies,
too, such as aphids. For scale, use 1 part soap to 20 parts water, leave
it sit for about 15 minutes, then wash off the plant. -- Over here, we
cal it Ed Lawrence's Miracle Cure, he has a phone-in show every Monday
on CBC's Radio Noon (Pntario only), and is revered by all gardeners in
Ontario.

HTH

--
wolf k.
Old 16-03-2008, 05:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Paul O." wrote in message
Can any one tell what this is on a leaf of one of my plants? Thank you.

--
Paul O.

Use 1 part dish-washing soap (liquid) to 40 parts water. the mix will soak
into their spiracles and drown them. This works for other baddies, too,
such as aphids. For scale, use 1 part soap to 20 parts water, leave it
sit for about 15 minutes, then wash off the plant. -- Over here, we cal it
Ed Lawrence's Miracle Cure, he has a phone-in show every Monday on CBC's
Radio Noon (Pntario only), and is revered by all gardeners in Ontario.

HTH

--
wolf k.

Thanks, appreciate the info.