Old 23-08-2014, 04:10 PM
Registered User

Default rose austin:othello

My Othello (Austin). Sadly the leaves are currently not in a very healthy state. The bush grew well in Spring. It had healthy leaves and buds, but lost all after a few weeks. This is the only flower this year. I think it has been exposed to sun and weather too much. I'll have to do something about that because the flowers are really beautiful. - It could be that the bush will be planted in a pot at least before I find a better and shadier location.
Attached Thumbnails
rose austin:othello-rose_austin_othello-4.jpg
Old 23-08-2014, 10:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Sat, 23 Aug 2014 17:10:52 +0200, Willi_9
wrote:

My Othello (Austin). Sadly the leaves are currently not in a very
healthy state. The bush grew well in Spring. It had healthy leaves and
buds, but lost all after a few weeks. This is the only flower this year.
I think it has been exposed to sun and weather too much. I'll have to do
something about that because the flowers are really beautiful. - It
could be that the bush will be planted in a pot at least before I find a
better and shadier location.

The rose is perfect. What is causing the leaves to be like that.
Black spot is common.
Old 24-08-2014, 04:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"joevan" wrote

Willi_ wrote:

My Othello (Austin). Sadly the leaves are currently not in a very
healthy state. The bush grew well in Spring. It had healthy leaves and
buds, but lost all after a few weeks. This is the only flower this year.
I think it has been exposed to sun and weather too much. I'll have to do
something about that because the flowers are really beautiful. - It
could be that the bush will be planted in a pot at least before I find a
better and shadier location.

The rose is perfect. What is causing the leaves to be like that.
Black spot is common.

Normally David Austin roses are quite disease resistant but that does look
like the fungus infection Rose Black Spot.

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

[IMG] code is On

Fair Bianca - David Austin Rose EV Roses 8 06-05-2011 12:06 AM
Rose 'David Austin' perityle Roses 1 03-10-2008 09:22 PM
Buy Austin Flagstone stone Rock Austin $100 a ton best price361-945-7625 sales Texas 0 25-09-2008 09:59 PM
Somehow my newsreader transposed austin.general for austin.gardening;-) jOhN Texas 5 14-10-2005 02:45 AM
David Austin Rose - Abraham Darby Elegant Embroidery Australia 1 05-04-2003 06:33 AM