Old 02-08-2005, 09:28 PM
chaz

Default Buying Vanilla Orchids??

Where can I buy vanilla orchid cuttings in bulk?

chaz

Old 02-08-2005, 10:55 PM
Bourne Identity

https://bne078u.server-secure.com/vs...re/vanilla.htm
Old 03-08-2005, 08:52 AM
Travis

Bourne Identity wrote:
On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 16:28:39 -0400, "chaz" wrote:

Where can I buy vanilla orchid cuttings in bulk?

chaz

https://bne078u.server-secure.com/vs...re/vanilla.htm

I don't think that is the answer "chaz" was looking for.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5
Old 03-08-2005, 11:41 AM
Lindakay

chaz wrote:
Where can I buy vanilla orchid cuttings in bulk?

chaz

Here's a web site that you may be able to start with - perhaps find a
contact email on for purchase.

http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plan...lanifolia.html

Happy gardening. (This sounds fascinating!)

Lindakay

Old 03-08-2005, 02:04 PM
Bourne Identity

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 07:52:36 GMT, "Travis"
wrote:

https://bne078u.server-secure.com/vs...re/vanilla.htm

I don't think that is the answer "chaz" was looking for.

Really? Did you scroll down at all to where this was:

Vanilla Planifolia Cuttings
min 18" (50cm) length
quantity

US$
5 Cuttings
$149.95
10 Cuttings
$199.95
20 Cuttings
$299.95
50 Cuttings
$499.95
Phytosanitary cert.
(if required - please check with your department of agriculture)
$45.00

Prices include international courier costs
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR PRICING
ON LARGER QUANITY ORDERS

Yeah, I guess not.

Old 03-08-2005, 07:42 PM
Dewitt

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 16:28:39 -0400, "chaz" wrote:

Where can I buy vanilla orchid cuttings in bulk?

chaz

You might want to ask on rec.gardens.orchids Do note that there are
several species of vanilla. Planifolia is probably what you want if
you are wanting to grow vanilla beans. Do look into what is required
to do that if you haven't. The flowers have to be hand pollinated and
the beans (the seed pods) have to be aged and fermented before they
can be used. Also, the vanilla has to grow to a length of about 15 -
20 ft before it flowers.

deg
Old 03-08-2005, 08:01 PM
Travis

wrote:

[...]

No. My bad.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5
Old 04-08-2005, 02:25 AM
Cereus-validus.......

"I don't think that is the answer "chaz" was looking for."

How would you know, troll twit?

Are you his mother?

Maybe he is much smarter than you and he knows how to scroll down the page?

Never thought of that, eh?

Old 04-08-2005, 02:31 AM
Cereus-validus.......

It is doubtful that Chaz has any idea what is needed to be done for one to
produce their own vanilla from the plants.

Your overview of the process is most enlightening.

You forgot to mention that one would need to grow the plants in the tropics
to make all the work involved to be economically feasible. Its not something
you can do on your windowsill.

Old 04-08-2005, 03:51 AM
Bourne Identity

I am totally jealous of a friend who bought, I believe, two hundred
acres in Costa Rica and there is a vanilla orchard grove on it. I
think he said ten acres!

Monkeys in the trees, waterfalls, ah.........

Do you think mamamonkey, tatatoofey lives there?

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 01:31:34 GMT, "Cereus-validus......."
wrote:

It is doubtful that Chaz has any idea what is needed to be done for one to
produce their own vanilla from the plants.

Your overview of the process is most enlightening.

You forgot to mention that one would need to grow the plants in the tropics
to make all the work involved to be economically feasible. Its not something
you can do on your windowsill.

.. .

Old 04-08-2005, 07:46 AM
Cereus-validus.......

Do you think mamamonkey, tatatoofey lives there?

No, but the banana republics in neighboring countries are now run by them!!

wrote:

It is doubtful that Chaz has any idea what is needed to be done for one to
produce their own vanilla from the plants.

Your overview of the process is most enlightening.

You forgot to mention that one would need to grow the plants in the
tropics
to make all the work involved to be economically feasible. Its not
something
you can do on your windowsill.

. ..

Old 04-08-2005, 02:03 PM
Bourne Identity

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 06:46:59 GMT, "Cereus-validus......."
wrote:

Do you think mamamonkey, tatatoofey lives there?

No, but the banana republics in neighboring countries are now run by them!!

That is really sad.
Old 04-08-2005, 02:52 PM
Cereus-validus.......

If only they had oil.

Then prez Dubya would have invaded those central American countries instead
of having our troops being killed needlessly in you know where in some
undeclared war for fun and profit. Its his solution for the unemployment
problem!!!

Old 04-08-2005, 03:29 PM
William Wagner

wrote:

Do you think mamamonkey, tatatoofey lives there?

No, but the banana republics in neighboring countries are now run by
them!!

That is really sad.

I believe Venezuela has 7.4 % of world total proven reserves of oil.
Iran 8,6%
U.S. 2.9%
Saudi Arabia 25.0%
Iraq 10.7%
Russia 7.4%
Mexico 1.2%
Kuwait 9.2 %
United Aeab Emirates 9.3%
China 1.7%

From "Blood and Oil" Michael T. Klare

Bill

--
Garden Shade Zone 5 in a Japanese Jungle manner.
This article is posted under fair use rules in accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, and is strictly for the educational and informative purposes.