Old 12-03-2003, 01:09 AM
Me

Default Fescue seed question

I like to keep the same seed on my lawn but accidently used a different
fescue seed when patching.

The one I normally use says:
Encore Tall Fescue (Dwarf Turf-Type) 99.62 Germ 90%
Inert .38

The one I used on a few patches of my lawn says

Hubbard 87 Tall Fescure (64.91) Germ 90%
Baja Tall Fescue 34.95 Germ 90%
Inert .14

Will one overtake the other ? How will they co-exist?

Thanks

Old 12-03-2003, 02:08 AM
Berob

Fescue doesn't spread, each blade germinates from seed so nothing will
"overtake" anything. You may notice some difference in the shade of green
and/or the growth pattern, but that's about it. You really have two
solutions: 1. Kill or remove the Hubbard Blend and replace with the Encore;
or 2) Overseed the spots with the Encore to "dilute" the appearance of the
Hubbard and create a more uniform blend.

I don't know where you live/what zone you're in, but generally speaking,
blends perform better than single varieties as they utilize the various
strengths of the different varieties. Oh, a third option. Either now or in
the fall (best in fall), overseed with the Hubbard blend. Hope this helps.
link.net...

Old 12-03-2003, 09:56 PM
Shadow

Fescue doesn't spread, each blade germinates from seed so nothing will
"overtake" anything.

Then how come my lawn is overtaking my gravel driveway?

*grin*

--
Shadow
Made In Canada, eh.

Old 13-03-2003, 04:44 PM
Phisherman

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 21:55:35 GMT, "Shadow"
wrote:

Fescue doesn't spread, each blade germinates from seed so nothing will
"overtake" anything.

Then how come my lawn is overtaking my gravel driveway?

*grin*

There's "creeping fescue" and "clump fescue."