Old 19-09-2005, 10:06 AM
Ann

John expounded:

The part that says they had plenty of notice of the pending disaster
days in advance. As soon as Katrina hit cat. 4 they should have been
prepared and mobilized. FEMA had plenty of notice however they did
nothing to prepare.

Neither did the mayor. Or the governor. They should have been the
first to get plans in place. They both stood around waving their
hands in the air. There's lots of blame to go around here; they all
share in it.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Old 19-09-2005, 03:12 PM
G Henslee

Ann wrote:
John expounded:

The part that says they had plenty of notice of the pending disaster
days in advance. As soon as Katrina hit cat. 4 they should have been
prepared and mobilized. FEMA had plenty of notice however they did
nothing to prepare.

Neither did the mayor. Or the governor. They should have been the
first to get plans in place. They both stood around waving their
hands in the air. There's lots of blame to go around here; they all
share in it.

After seeing that NO mayor in several news reports I'd have to say he
appears to be about as sharp as a marble.

I say 'appears'. Compared to the rest of those "I'm staying home, damn
da wedder and da gubmint orders" folks there, he may be the smartest
sumbitch in the city.

[IMG] code is On

Devious Dodder Vine Sniffs Out Its Victims JoeSpareBedroom Gardening 1 30-09-2006 02:30 AM
black victims of usa while North Carolina 0 13-09-2005 05:36 PM
Katrina killed my crop! FDR Edible Gardening 6 11-09-2005 08:25 PM
Katrina madgardener Gardening 60 05-09-2005 10:51 AM
What are YOU doing for the victims of Katrina? chaz Orchids 4 03-09-2005 03:13 AM