Old 11-09-2005, 08:49 PM
William Brown

B & J wrote:
"Gideon" wrote in message

Finish high school & improve your comprehension.

Somebody tossed out a typical, liberal, whiny-assed "screw the rich"
philosophy. I suggest moving to Cuba, which is the nearest nation
with a very strong "screw the rich" philosophy. I can't understand
why at least a few of the millions of Americans who embrace the liberal
redistribution of wealth aren't moving to Cuba. Oh, now I remember
why - because it doesn't work successfully. Screw the rich and
pretty soon there are no longer any entrepreneurs to provide decent
jobs.

There is a common name for those who hate the rich. "Losers."

BTW, I'll compare educational level with you anytime, although I won't
compare salary.

The garbage you spouted was the typical Republican mantra, trying to
convince the stupid that they aren't lying through their teeth. The rich are
taxed at a top rate of 25% and that is only on salary earners with income
over $200,000. Huge corporations usually pay far less because of loop holes.
The country is not going to "hell in a basket'" if the rich get taxed. I
find it impossible to cry crocodile tears or say, "Poor baby!"

The top individual tax rate is 35%; the top corporate tax rate is 35%.
Your lack of comprehension appears to be very broad. I give no opinion
on whether these rates are too high or too low, beyond noting that when
rates are viewed as being unreasonably high, the rich find ways to avoid
being taxed, such as investing in herds of ostriches, or leaving the
country.

My point is that where you have purported to give facts, you have been
quite inaccurate, so I have snipped the rest of your rantings.

JPS

Old 11-09-2005, 11:44 PM
Tom Jaszewski

"To All My Fellow Americans Who Voted for George W. Bush:

On this, the fourth anniversary of 9/11, I'm just curious, how does it
feel?

How does it feel to know that the man you elected to lead us after we
were attacked went ahead and put a guy in charge of FEMA whose main
qualification was that he ran horse shows?

That's right. Horse shows.

I really want to know -- and I ask you this in all sincerity and with
all due respect -- how do you feel about the utter contempt Mr. Bush
has shown for your safety? C'mon, give me just a moment of honesty.
Don't start ranting on about how this disaster in New Orleans was the
fault of one of the poorest cities in America. Put aside your hatred
of Democrats and liberals and anyone with the last name of Clinton.
Just look me in the eye and tell me our President did the right thing
after 9/11 by naming a horse show runner as the top man to protect us
in case of an emergency or catastrophe.

I want you to put aside your self-affixed label of
Republican/conservative/born-again/capitalist/ditto-head/right-winger
and just talk to me as an American, on the common ground we both call
America.

Are we safer now than before 9/11? When you learn that behind the
horse show runner, the #2 and #3 men in charge of emergency
preparedness have zero experience in emergency preparedness, do you
think we are safer?

When you look at Michael Chertoff, the head of Homeland Security, a
man with little experience in national security, do you feel secure?

When men who never served in the military and have never seen young
men die in battle send our young people off to war, do you think they
know how to conduct a war? Do they know what it means to have your
legs blown off for a threat that was never there?

Do you really believe that turning over important government services
to private corporations has resulted in better services for the
people?

Why do you hate our federal government so much? You have voted for
politicians for the past 25 years whose main goal has been to de-fund
the federal government. Do you think that cutting federal programs
like FEMA and the Army Corps of Engineers has been good or bad for
America? GOOD OR BAD?

With the nation's debt at an all-time high, do you think tax cuts for
the rich are still a good idea? Will you give yours back so hundreds
of thousands of homeless in New Orleans can have a home?

Do you believe in Jesus? Really? Didn't he say that we would be judged
by how we treat the least among us? Hurricane Katrina came in and blew
off the facade that we were a nation with liberty and justice for all.
The wind howled and the water rose and what was revealed was that the
poor in America shall be left to suffer and die while the President of
the United States fiddles and tells them to eat cake.

That's not a joke. The day the hurricane hit and the levees broke, Mr.
Bush, John McCain and their rich pals were stuffing themselves with
cake. A full day after the levees broke (the same levees whose repair
funding he had cut), Mr. Bush was playing a guitar some country singer
gave him. All this while New Orleans sank under water.

It would take ANOTHER day before the President would do a flyover in
his jumbo jet, peeking out the widow at the misery 2500 feet below him
as he flew back to his second home in DC. It would then be TWO MORE
DAYS before a trickle of federal aid and troops would arrive. This was
no seven minutes in a sitting trance while children read "My Pet Goat"
to him. This was FOUR DAYS of doing nothing other than saying "Brownie
(FEMA director Michael Brown), you're doing a heck of a job!"

My Republican friends, does it bother you that we are the laughing
stock of the world?

And on this sacred day of remembrance, do you think we honor or shame
those who died on 9/11/01? If we learned nothing and find ourselves
today every bit as vulnerable and unprepared as we were on that bright
sunny morning, then did the 3,000 die in vain?

Our vulnerability is not just about dealing with terrorists or natural
disasters. We are vulnerable and unsafe because we allow one in eight
Americans to live in horrible poverty. We accept an education system
where one in six children never graduate and most of those who do
can't string a coherent sentence together. The middle class can't pay
the mortgage or the hospital bills and 45 million have no health
coverage whatsoever.

Are we safe? Do you really feel safe? You can only move so far out and
build so many gated communities before the fruit of what you've sown
will be crashing through your walls and demanding retribution. Do you
really want to wait until that happens? Or is it your hope that if
they are left alone long enough to soil themselves and shoot
themselves and drown in the filth that fills the street that maybe the
problem will somehow go away?

I know you know better. You gave the country and the world a man who
wasn't up for the job and all he does is hire people who aren't up for
the job. You did this to us, to the world, to the people of New
Orleans. Please fix it. Bush is yours. And you know, for our peace and
safety and security, this has to be fixed. What do you propose?

I have an idea, and it isn't a horse show."

Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets. To plant a pine, one need only own a shovel.
-- Aldo Leopold
Old 12-09-2005, 03:45 AM
Gideon

Holy shit Tommy, you've got a lot of anger and envy. You folks
lost in 2000, you lost in 2004 and you'll lose again in 2008. Get
used to it. We're smarter, we're better educated, we're richer
and we're in control. God, I love this country.

=============

Old 12-09-2005, 03:58 AM
Gideon

paghat wrote in message ...

You can try to blame that on a Democratic mayor, but he
stayed with the city beginning to end, & tried every day in
every way to get the help that was promised.

================

And he was as worthless as tits on a boar.

Old 12-09-2005, 04:37 AM
Gideon

B & J wrote
BTW, I'll compare educational level with you anytime, although
I won't compare salary.

============

You are way out of your league, sonny. I'd go up against you any day
for mega-buck wagers on education or IQ. You sound like another
over-educated PhD in geography, journalism, sociology, etc. Crap,
I'll spot you 20 points on any well-certified IQ test.

And in what freakin' universe am I getting taxed at a paltry 25%?

Gideon

SAT verbal 99 percentile, SAT math 99+ percentile (800), Phi Beta
Kappa, Suma Cum Laude, National Merit Scholarship, graduate courses
as a college sophomore, blah, blah, blah.

Old 12-09-2005, 06:49 AM
Gideon

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
It is spelled levee
Levi is one of the tribes of Israel
Levis are denim pants

===========

Don't forget:
Levy is a charge, such as a school tax.

Now, I think that we've covered all of the "alternate" spellings.

Gideon

Old 12-09-2005, 07:25 AM
Travis

Gideon wrote:
B & J wrote
BTW, I'll compare educational level with you anytime, although
I won't compare salary.

============

You are way out of your league, sonny. I'd go up against you any
day for mega-buck wagers on education or IQ. You sound like another
over-educated PhD in geography, journalism, sociology, etc. Crap,
I'll spot you 20 points on any well-certified IQ test.

And in what freakin' universe am I getting taxed at a paltry 25%?

Gideon

SAT verbal 99 percentile, SAT math 99+ percentile (800), Phi Beta
Kappa, Suma Cum Laude, National Merit Scholarship, graduate courses
as a college sophomore, blah, blah, blah.

You are still an I D I O T.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5
Old 12-09-2005, 08:50 AM
presley

Actually, one study of exit polling done by Gallup found the following:
"In the Gallup Poll, the Democrats carry 62 percent of those with a
post-graduate education"

So richer you may be, but better educated, only in your dreams.......
. ..

Old 12-09-2005, 11:21 AM
Cheryl Isaak

On 9/12/05 1:49 AM, in article ,
"Gideon" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
It is spelled levee
Levi is one of the tribes of Israel
Levis are denim pants

===========

Don't forget:
Levy is a charge, such as a school tax.

Now, I think that we've covered all of the "alternate" spellings.

Gideon

Thank you, I'd forgotten that one.

Old 12-09-2005, 11:47 AM
Cereus-validus.......

Yee haa, that's right buckwheat, the Duke boys are in control!!!

It ain't no horse show, its a dog and pony show!

Gitty up with the program!!!

You good old boys, sure know how to run a country...................into the
ground!!!!

If gas prices get any higher, you good time outlaws might hafta trade in the
General Lee for a scooter!!!!

. ..

Old 12-09-2005, 01:30 PM
Tom Jaszewski

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 06:25:37 GMT, "Travis"
wrote:

u are still an I D I O T.

ah but his wife and daughter met Laura and blew W!

Old 12-09-2005, 08:38 PM
William Brown

Where did you get this diatribe, Tom. I ask because it has been posted
all over usenet by supposedly different individuals, so I think you
didn't write it. Did it come to you in a vision, or did your handlers
give it to you?

Old 13-09-2005, 01:42 AM
Tom Jaszewski

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 15:38:44 -0400, William Brown
wrote:

Where did you get this diatribe, Tom.

Your brother Michael Moore....

Old 13-09-2005, 02:45 PM
Rod & Betty Jo

"Tom Jaszewski" wrote in message

"To All My Fellow Americans Who Voted for George W. Bush:

On this, the fourth anniversary of 9/11, I'm just curious, how does it
feel?

How does it feel to know that the man you elected to lead us after we
were attacked went ahead and put a guy in charge of FEMA whose main
qualification was that he ran horse shows?

Actually he didn't really run horse shows but rather was commissioner of
judges and stewards for the International Arabian Horse Association at
apparently a $125,000 a year salary.....Since he was deputy chief of FEMA in
2001 and became chief in 2003 and has overseen 164 declared national
emergencies including 4 hurricanes last year, claiming he had no experience
is downright silly.

snip
C'mon, give me just a moment of honesty.
Don't start ranting on about how this disaster in New Orleans was the
fault of one of the poorest cities in America. Put aside your hatred
of Democrats and liberals and anyone with the last name of Clinton.
Just look me in the eye and tell me our President did the right thing
after 9/11 by naming a horse show runner as the top man to protect us
in case of an emergency or catastrophe.

I wonder if there is any relationship between them being "one of the poorest
cities" and the utter ineptitude they showed both before and following the
hurricane? With a police force when facing their greatest challenge largely
AWOL, hospitals, nursing homes etc. not evacuated, emergency communication
largely non existent......looting and attacks against rescuers instead of
locals rushing out to help.....even worse after just a week the mayor feels
his AWOL people need a Vegas vacation........if that is symptomatic of a ill
system I don't know what is....we do know that if the WTC was in New Orleans
there would not have been 400 police and firemen dead from rushing into the
towering infernal......But why blame those directly involved with a failed
disaster response when we can blame those whom are over a thousand miles
away?......Rod

Old 13-09-2005, 03:25 PM
Cereus-validus.......

You've been Bushwacked!!!

He may have experience in your point of view but he has proven to be inept
as chief of FEMA when Jeb Bush isn't doing his job for him.

"Rod & Betty Jo" wrote in message

[...]

[IMG] code is On

Devious Dodder Vine Sniffs Out Its Victims JoeSpareBedroom Gardening 1 30-09-2006 02:30 AM
black victims of usa while North Carolina 0 13-09-2005 05:36 PM
Katrina killed my crop! FDR Edible Gardening 6 11-09-2005 08:25 PM
Katrina madgardener Gardening 60 05-09-2005 10:51 AM
What are YOU doing for the victims of Katrina? chaz Orchids 4 03-09-2005 03:13 AM