Old 26-09-2005, 02:05 AM
Drew

Default OK: Wet compost in insulated container with aeration,

Mostly grass clippings.
How can I tell when the process is done ?
I.E. When the pathogens and seeds are dead ?
Drew

Old 26-09-2005, 02:23 PM

To get the heat you would need to kill seeds and pathogens is going to
require about 1cu yd of compost as a minimum.

Compost is "done" when you no longer recognize the ingrediants that
went in.

Seems to me you are making too much work out of this. I defy anyone to
pile up damp organic material and have it not rot.

Old 26-09-2005, 03:28 PM
Drew

What about the Grass Seeds ?
How do I kill them ?
drew

Old 26-09-2005, 08:48 PM
Doug Kanter

"Drew" wrote in message
oups.com...
Mostly grass clippings.
How can I tell when the process is done ?
I.E. When the pathogens and seeds are dead ?
Drew

It's going to get mushy in the center, probably within a couple of days.
It's best to find some dried fluff to mix in. Will leaves be falling soon
where you live?

Old 27-09-2005, 12:05 AM
Drew

Yes. I live in Eastern Ohio, Leaves are falling from my Red Maple
already. There are a lot of trees in the neighborhood and i plan to use
them as a winter cover.
drew

Old 27-09-2005, 02:21 PM
Doug Kanter

"Drew" wrote in message
oups.com...
Yes. I live in Eastern Ohio, Leaves are falling from my Red Maple
already. There are a lot of trees in the neighborhood and i plan to use
them as a winter cover.
drew

Put some in a pile and go over them with your lawnmower to turn them into
flakes. Easier if you have a bag attachment, but not necessary. Mix with the
grass, about half & half.

Old 27-09-2005, 04:34 PM
Drew

Thank you.
Drew

[IMG] code is On

Wet, Wet, Wet Dave Hill United Kingdom 3 21-11-2011 11:14 PM
Evergreen recommendation for Portland, OR (wet, wet, wet) Jadene Mayla Lawns 0 27-06-2011 08:27 PM
Evergreen recommendation for Portland, OR (wet, wet, wet) Jess Lawns 0 24-04-2011 04:08 PM
Compost Tea; Insulated container; Aquarium airpump.. ? Drew Gardening 23 28-09-2005 03:18 AM
Wet, Wet, Wet David Hill United Kingdom 16 06-02-2004 03:49 PM