Old 04-10-2005, 02:26 AM
Roy Edwards

Default Hydrangea

Because of addin a deck and a wrap around pourch, I have a couple of
hydrangeas that I must transplant before next spring. When best to do this,
now or wait until early spring?

Old 04-10-2005, 02:56 PM
Wolf Kirchmeir

Roy Edwards wrote:
Because of addin a deck and a wrap around pourch, I have a couple of
hydrangeas that I must transplant before next spring. When best to do this,
now or wait until early spring?

Where are you located? If you expect killing frost within the next
couple of weeks or so, wait till spring. O'wise, it's OK now. Give it a
good dose of blood-and-bone meal both in the transplant hole and on the
surface, and water enough to keep the roots moist.
Old 04-10-2005, 06:34 PM
Stephen Henning

"Roy Edwards" wrote:

Because of addin a deck and a wrap around pourch, I have a couple of
hydrangeas that I must transplant before next spring. When best to do this,
now or wait until early spring?

Fall is the best time. The only concern is frost heave. You may have
to mulch heavily to keep the frost from heaving it out of the ground.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman

[IMG] code is On

Hydrangea mop head blue Rich United Kingdom 4 07-11-2003 01:23 AM
hydrangea Sabaa Mundia Australia 6 19-06-2003 04:21 AM
Hydrangea petiolaris/Climbing Hydrangea pelirojaroja Gardening 2 21-04-2003 03:08 AM
Climbing Hydrangea Brs36 Gardening 5 08-04-2003 11:20 PM
Hydrangea - No Flowers Alan Terry United Kingdom 8 22-10-2002 05:45 PM