Old 28-10-2005, 02:33 PM
Suzie-Q

Default Housplant/"Christmas Tree" (OT?)

Wal-Mart (as well as other stores, I'm sure) is selling these little
live trees decorated for the holidays. They do so every year. I know
that they're not really any standard type of "Christmas tree." They
sort of look almost like some sort of fern -- a little. No leaves.
They look more like they have "needles." Right now they're anywhere
from one to three feet high. I doubt that they get much bigger.
I'm wondering if any of you knows what these little trees are and what
kind of care they need.(I remember I had one years ago and killed it.)
Sorry I can't be more specific with the description.
Thanks in advance.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/
http://www.intergnat.com/pussygames/
Old 28-10-2005, 02:49 PM
Becky A

Suzie-Q wrote:
Wal-Mart (as well as other stores, I'm sure) is selling these little
live trees decorated for the holidays. They do so every year. I know
that they're not really any standard type of "Christmas tree." They
sort of look almost like some sort of fern -- a little. No leaves.
They look more like they have "needles." Right now they're anywhere
from one to three feet high. I doubt that they get much bigger.
I'm wondering if any of you knows what these little trees are and what
kind of care they need.(I remember I had one years ago and killed it.)
Sorry I can't be more specific with the description.
Thanks in advance.

Does it look like these?

http://www.treknature.com/gallery/Oc...photo11849.htm

It's likely a Norfolk pine. They're very cute as tabletop 'Christmas'
trees. My little Walmart baby tree grew into a lovely houseplant sized
tree in a few years. My method of care for it can best be described as
benevolent neglect. It likes a bit of sun and I watered it every week
or so...when I remembered to.

Norfolk pines, in tropical to sub-tropical environments, can grow to
around 80 ft tall.

They're really cute trees...
Becky
Old 28-10-2005, 11:50 PM
Tom Randy

On 2005-10-28 09:33:35 -0400, Suzie-Q said:

Wal-Mart (as well as other stores, I'm sure) is selling these little
live trees decorated for the holidays. They do so every year. I know
that they're not really any standard type of "Christmas tree." They
sort of look almost like some sort of fern -- a little. No leaves.
They look more like they have "needles." Right now they're anywhere
from one to three feet high. I doubt that they get much bigger.
I'm wondering if any of you knows what these little trees are and what
kind of care they need.(I remember I had one years ago and killed it.)
Sorry I can't be more specific with the description.
Thanks in advance.

Probably a Norfolk Island pine.

--
Chris: "Dad, what's a blowhole for?"
Peter: "I'll tell you what it's NOT for and then you'll know why I can