Old 03-12-2005, 12:05 AM posted to rec.gardens
BT

Default What is This Tree, and What Can I Do About It?

Legally you aren't able to do anything unless the tree presents a danger to you
or your property. Soooooo....

Ken, try to get to know the new neighbor a little bit before discussing the tree
problem. Then one day when you're visiting his yard, casually comment on all
that awful stuff that falls out of the tree messing up his lawn. Commiserate
with him about you getting the same darn seed pods tracked into your house too.
Suggest you would happily pay part of the tree removal costs and see what he
says. Then try to agree on a suitable replacement tree or trees/shrubs,
whatever.

Good luck.

BT

"Ken Hall" wrote in message

Every since I move to this house (10+ years) we've had this problem.

There's a large (40 ft?) tree in the neighbors yard behind us that
sheds jillions and jillions of these tiny leaves in the fall --
http://img332.imageshack.us/img332/3...sclose24qv.jpg.

I normally do outside projects in the fall or spring. If this
involves painting or anything that involves liquids, these leaves will
always get in it. You have to understand these little leaves blow
into every square inch of my yard constantly. It is like a rain that
sprinkles leaves for a couple of months. Even if there were no
projects to spoil (and there always are), the leaves are everywhere.
We constantly track them in the house -- so they're all over the
carpets and floors. We'd have to vacuum 4 times a day. Instead we
just put up with them being sprinkled around the house. I can sweep
them off our deck, but they're raining on the deck while I do it, and
there will be a shallow blanket of then again in a day. Actually it's
like a blanked of snow. They pile in drifts in some areas and sparse
in others.

So again, what is this tree and what can I do about it. I haven't
talked to the latest owner of the house with the tree, but the
previous owner very politely said $#&@ off. When I speak to the new
neighbor I'd like to know if I have any recourse. Is there anything I
can do to force them to remove this tree?

Ken