Old 04-12-2005, 06:42 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Lime Bush

Hello,

I'm trying to find out some information about lime bushes. I have one
growing in my backyard, along with two orange trees, 1 lemon tree, 2
apples, 1 peach, 2 plums and others. All the trees produce each year,
but the lime bush doesn't do anything. No flowers, just a whole lot of
thrones. It's about 4 years old now and about 8 feet high. It's a
monster bush, just doesn't produce anything. It was given to me as a
gift and I don't know any details about it (like the specific type).
What am I doing wrong? Does it need another lime tree next to it to
mate with =) I'm up in Northern CA. It does get cold up here, and I've
also noticed that cold tempertures don't affect it that much like it
does my other citrus trees. I'm in the between a lot of almond orchards
so we have lots of bee's around here thanks to the farmers. So that
it's a problem.

Any help would be great I've been searching the internet just can't
find that much info on limes.

Thanks,

- Rudy.

Old 04-12-2005, 03:58 PM posted to rec.gardens

During the spring time there are lots and lots of bees. I live right in
the middle of an almond orchard industry and they bring in bee hives on
trucks then set them out in the fields and we have thousands and
thousands of bees for a few months. Then they come back, pick up the
hives and they're gone again for the year. The bees are awesome, cause
you see them working like crazy and they're everywhere. Well until you
step on one, that's no fun. I personally don't think bees are the issue
cause there are so many. Unless lime bushes need pollenation at a
differnet time of the year than the rest?

- Rudy.