Old 04-12-2005, 01:28 PM
Registered User

Default Dahlias and tuber division

Hello!

I have a large number of dahlia tubers in winter storage. Because I have so many I find it easier to grow them in pots. When the spring comes I will have to divide them all as they will become pot bound. This is a frantic time for me to get them all divided as quickly as possible.
I am now wandering if it is possible to divide the tubers and re-pot them while they are still in winter storage. Then after division and re-potting, placing them back in winter storage until spring.
I've noticed that my dahlia tubers keep well when still in their pots. However I'm unsure if the tubers will like to be stored in soil after tuber division. Will the divided tubers become infected and rot in the soil if placed back in storage?
Grateful for any help,

mr-owen
Old 04-12-2005, 02:56 PM posted to rec.gardens
Starlord

That would be a good question to ask the members of the Dahlia-net, the
number One elist for dahlia growers.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Astronomy Net Online Gift Shop