Old 01-01-2006, 11:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
Persephone

Default Schefflera - outdoors?

Gardeners in Zone 24 (So. Calif coastal), what do you
think of putting Schefflera outside? The W. Garden
Book isn't specific.

Tx.

Persephone

Old 02-01-2006, 08:53 AM posted to rec.gardens
Anthony B

Persephone wrote in message ...

Gardeners in Zone 24 (So. Calif coastal), what do you
think of putting Schefflera outside? The W. Garden
Book isn't specific.

Tx.

Persephone

Persephone,
So far as climate is concerned, Schefflaria should grow fine. However, I
would recommend that it be a container planting so that you can make sure it
gets plenty of water in the dry season and so you can bring it in if the
Santa Anna winds start getting rough.

Anthony B.
(lived in socal for a couple years... nice place)

Old 02-01-2006, 08:57 AM posted to rec.gardens
Persephone

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 03:53:10 -0500, "Anthony B"
wrote:

Persephone wrote in message ...

Gardeners in Zone 24 (So. Calif coastal), what do you
think of putting Schefflera outside? The W. Garden
Book isn't specific.

Tx.

Persephone

Persephone,
So far as climate is concerned, Schefflaria should grow fine. However, I
would recommend that it be a container planting so that you can make sure it
gets plenty of water in the dry season and so you can bring it in if the
Santa Anna winds start getting rough.

Anthony B.
(lived in socal for a couple years... nice place)

Thanks for encouragement. I'll take the plunge.

However, you make an interesting point: To me it seems that a
container plant would suffer MORE from lack of water than a
plant in the ground. You'd have to be on top of watering
a container plant constantly, whereas ground holds more H2O.

Reaction?

Persephone