Old 23-03-2003, 12:20 AM
Jax

Default Persian Lime Tree

Hi. I received one as a gift last weekend. It is about 4 feet and is
in a 5 gallon pot.
I am just wondering if anyone has one. I will put it outside this
summer. Thought I would put the pot right in the ground. I live in
zone 4 so it will come in the house once the cold hits. Was wondering
if anyone could offer any advise. Curious about what kind of
fertilizer. It is in bloom right now. Sure seems to be in good health.
I did do a couple searches but wasn't real happy with what I found.
Thought maybe this wonderful group could help.

Thanks lots.

Jax
Upper Peninsula, on the shore of Lake Michigan.

Old 23-03-2003, 02:20 AM
Iris Cohen

I received one as a gift last weekend. It is about 4 feet and is in a 5
gallon pot.
I am just wondering if anyone has one. I will put it outside this summer.
Thought I would put the pot right in the ground. I live in zone 4 so it will
come in the house once the cold hits. Was wondering if anyone could offer any
advice. Curious about what kind of fertilizer.

I used to have a Persian lime. It will not bloom & set fruit unless it is in a
south window all winter. It will like being outdoors for the summer, but i
don't see what you will gain by putting the pot in the ground, unless it is
likely to get blown over.
Any houseplant fertilizer will do, but it will prefer acid type, like Miracid.
It is very susceptible to scale, so be on the alert constantly.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)