Old 24-03-2003, 04:08 PM
Jane

Default Lawn questions

In what order should I apply the following lawn treatments?
Milky Spore for control of Japanese Beetle grubs
pre emergent crabgrass killer
Turf builder plus weed killer

I don't know when to do any of them in zone 6b. Maryland

Thank you,
Jane

Old 24-03-2003, 04:44 PM
Warren

Jane wrote:
In what order should I apply the following lawn treatments?
Milky Spore for control of Japanese Beetle grubs
pre emergent crabgrass killer
Turf builder plus weed killer

Doesn't matter what order you put them on. If your lawn needs all those
treatments, you'd be better off ripping it out.

--
Warren H.

==========
to go outside now.

Old 24-03-2003, 04:56 PM
Pam

Warren wrote:

Jane wrote:
In what order should I apply the following lawn treatments?
Milky Spore for control of Japanese Beetle grubs
pre emergent crabgrass killer
Turf builder plus weed killer

Doesn't matter what order you put them on. If your lawn needs all those
treatments, you'd be better off ripping it out.

Warren, I like your style!

Old 24-03-2003, 06:20 PM
Berob

Pre-emergent first before the weeds start grown (hence the name
"pre-emergent). Do this now. Follow with Turfbuilder plus weedkiller (aka
Turfbuilder Plus 2) in May. This will kill the weeds after they start
growing. Not sure about milky spore but I think it takes several years to
take full effect against grubs. It should be unrelated to your
fertilizer/pre-emergent/weed killer regimen.
t...

Old 24-03-2003, 07:56 PM
Phisherman

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:07:07 GMT, "Jane"
wrote:

In what order should I apply the following lawn treatments?
Milky Spore for control of Japanese Beetle grubs
pre emergent crabgrass killer
Turf builder plus weed killer

I don't know when to do any of them in zone 6b. Maryland

Thank you,
Jane

Milky spore can be applied at any time. The Jap grubs are 6" down in
the soil and will be eating their way to the surface in two or three
months. Crabgrass preemergent should be applied the week when you see
dandelions bloom in your neighborhood--should be about now. I would
not apply a weed killer to the entire lawn--it is best to spray each
weed on a warm, sunny spring day. Consult your local nursery to find
out the best times of the year to fertilize. Generally, fall feeding
is the most important.

Old 25-03-2003, 01:32 AM
it's me

Berob wrote:

Pre-emergent first before the weeds start grown (hence the name
"pre-emergent). Do this now. Follow with Turfbuilder plus weedkiller (aka
Turfbuilder Plus 2) in May. This will kill the weeds after they start
growing. Not sure about milky spore but I think it takes several years to
take full effect against grubs. It should be unrelated to your
fertilizer/pre-emergent/weed killer regimen.
"Jane" wrote in message
t...

In what order should I apply the following lawn treatments?
Milky Spore for control of Japanese Beetle grubs
pre emergent crabgrass killer
Turf builder plus weed killer

I don't know when to do any of them in zone 6b. Maryland

Thank you,
Jane

I applied Milky Spore last year they said to put every six inch in rows
6" apart and it would work and spread together and only then become
totally effective. I mixed it in with the summer insect treatment put it
in a covered drop spreader and went out on a rainy day and spread it.

We'll see

Old 26-03-2003, 01:32 PM
Jane

Thanks Berob, Your reply reassures me that my Milky spore won't be badly
effected by my other treatments. My concern was the interaction between a
biocontrol and the weed killers or the fertilizer. I guess the best thing
is to spread them out over a few weeks so there are no adverse reactions.
It's true Milky Spore takes several years. I put it down 4 years ago and I
had the worst JB season last year, of any , so I want to try to do it
right..I'm told I should treat my neighbour's yards too so I have their
blessings and I'm going to do a broader region. Thanks for your reply,
Jane
"Berob" wrote in message
om...
Pre-emergent first before the weeds start grown (hence the name
"pre-emergent). Do this now. Follow with Turfbuilder plus weedkiller

(aka
Turfbuilder Plus 2) in May. This will kill the weeds after they start
growing. Not sure about milky spore but I think it takes several years to
take full effect against grubs. It should be unrelated to your
fertilizer/pre-emergent/weed killer regimen.
t...