Old 26-03-2003, 04:20 PM
Peggy Elliott

Default Creeping Sedum

I have acquired some creeping sedum and would like some recommendations
on where to plant it. I live in Va, zone 7, horrid red clay soil. I
have good drainage as my yard is sloping. I have sun, edge of the woods,
and shade (woods). How fast does it creep? I am assuming that low
moisture is prefereable?

Peg in Va

Old 26-03-2003, 04:20 PM
Cereoid+10+

There are several hundred known species of Sedum. You need to be more
specific and describe the plant in some detail. Inform as to leaf shape, how
leaves are arranged on the stems (spiralled, in pairs, in threes), flower
color, etc.

Old 26-03-2003, 04:20 PM
Callen Molenda

Hi Peg -

We've got to get together and swap gardening stuff sometime!

Callen in VA

Old 26-03-2003, 08:32 PM
Peggy Elliott

Wish I could be more specific - got this off ebay (havent received it yet) all I
know is the variety name - "tricolor" and "blue spruce"

Old 27-03-2003, 03:20 AM
Cereoid+10+

Probably Phedimus spurius 'Tricolor' and Petrosedum reflexum (so called
"Blue Spruce"). Both were originally included in Sedum but have since been
placed in other genera.

Both make excellent ground cover but Petrosedum reflexum is the better of
the two because it is evergreen while Phedimus spurius loses most of its
leaves over the winter. They do best in a sunny spot with graveley soil and
left unwatered.

Both are available rather inexpensively at most garden centers (including
Lowes and Home Depot) and chances are that you paid too much for these
common garden plants through Ebay.