Old 27-03-2003, 10:44 AM
David A. Kraft

Default getting existing ivy to cover bare ereas

I live in Northern NJ. On the side of my house is a steep slope,
approx 20? x 100? long. Since I moved in approx 4 years ago, about 75%
of the slope is nicely covered with Ivy. The rest of it is simply bare
earth & or weeds which I keep removing. For the past 2 years or so I
have been trying to get the ivy cover on the remaining 25% with no
success.

I have taken clippings from the existing Ivy & transplanted it & I
have bought trays of small ivy plants & planted those ? I see no
results.

Anyone have any ideas that may help?

Can?t I simply buy a bag of ivy seeds somewhere & just dump them all
over the area? Anyone know where I can buy this if this is the way to
go?

[IMG] code is On

Ivy, Ivy & more ivy Roger Tonkin[_2_] United Kingdom 6 08-07-2016 09:48 PM
IVY IVY IVY JCYates United Kingdom 15 28-08-2008 11:22 AM
Winter cover for bare soil ginav Texas 87 14-10-2005 06:19 PM
getting existing ivy to cover bare ereas David A. Kraft Gardening 3 18-05-2004 02:07 AM
getting ready to plant bare roots and... dave weil Roses 1 29-05-2003 05:21 AM