Old 03-04-2003, 09:20 PM
WinterRaven

Default Rosemary question

Hi to all
I have rosemary growing on the sides of my walkway and the beds are slightly
inclined. The rosemary at the top are sharing space with my wisteria and
they are dark green and beautiful. From about the middle on down the
rosemary is turning yellow. I water using drip irrigation and am wondering
if the rosemary on the lower end of the incline are getting too much water.
I am going to adjust the drippers but was wondering if there might be
another problem.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Judi

Old 03-04-2003, 09:32 PM
paghat

In article , "WinterRaven"
wrote:

Hi to all
I have rosemary growing on the sides of my walkway and the beds are slightly
inclined. The rosemary at the top are sharing space with my wisteria and
they are dark green and beautiful. From about the middle on down the
rosemary is turning yellow. I water using drip irrigation and am wondering
if the rosemary on the lower end of the incline are getting too much water.
I am going to adjust the drippers but was wondering if there might be
another problem.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Judi

Too much water's a very good surmise. I try to avoid watering mine AT ALL,
since our normal rainfall is a bit much for it.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
Old 03-04-2003, 10:20 PM
Zinnia Girl

Your rosemary has the dreaded Marphistes virus. It is caused by the
Marphistes mite which mates in the summer and the female deposits her
eggs in the ends of the rosemary sprigs. The Marphistes virus also
attacks pine trees, sedges, and some vegetable seedlings.

Go to your nearest pool supply store and buy a gallon of muriatic acid.
Pour it full strength on your rosemary and you will see results within
24 hours. Despite the name, muriatic acid is perfectly safe for humans
and pets, and is, in fact, a common swimming pool treatment. Should you
have any left over it makes a swell substitute for gin or vodka in
cocktails.

Old 03-04-2003, 10:32 PM
M. Tiefert

In article , Zinnia Girl wrote:
Your rosemary has the dreaded Marphistes virus. It is caused by the
Marphistes mite which mates in the summer and the female deposits her
eggs in the ends of the rosemary sprigs. The Marphistes virus also
attacks pine trees, sedges, and some vegetable seedlings.

Go to your nearest pool supply store and buy a gallon of muriatic acid.
Pour it full strength on your rosemary and you will see results within
24 hours. Despite the name, muriatic acid is perfectly safe for humans
and pets, and is, in fact, a common swimming pool treatment. Should you
have any left over it makes a swell substitute for gin or vodka in
cocktails.

I hope nobody takes the above as a serious posting. Muriatic acid's
official chemical name is hydrogen chloride, or HCl - you do NOT want to
drink it!

cheers,

Marj

* * *
Marj Tiefert: http://www.mindspring.com/~mtiefert/
Marj's Mini Mall: http://stores.tiefert.com/
Coleridge shop: http://www.cafeshops.com/coleridgestore
Marjorie's Morning Star: http://newsletter.tiefert.com/
science editing services: http://science.tiefert.com/
Old 03-04-2003, 10:32 PM
Zinnia Girl

I failed to mention that the Masrphistes mite also sometimes lays her
eggs in the ear canals of nosy women. The eggs hatch and the larvae
bury into the victims brain. The victim then suffers from delusions,
such as the one that the internet is reality.

M. Tiefert wrote:

I hope nobody takes the above as a serious posting. Muriatic acid's
official chemical name is hydrogen chloride, or HCl - you do NOT want to
drink it!

cheers,

Marj

[IMG] code is On

Rosemary problem CP Texas 4 05-04-2003 11:11 AM
Ailing Rosemary Officianis RichardS United Kingdom 13 26-03-2003 11:08 AM
[IBC] Rosemary Claudio Fierro Bonsai 11 21-03-2003 02:56 PM
Rosemary mold/mildew? Jack Curry Edible Gardening 5 12-03-2003 03:56 PM
Planting new rosemary bush/shrub Anita Blanchard Gardening 1 04-02-2003 09:16 PM