Old 04-04-2003, 09:56 PM
margaret

Default painting fence

hi there, I have a garage, hut and a lot of fencing that needs treated
this year. I have been up to homebase, and various other hardware
shops to try and pick the right stuff to use, however I am overwhelmed
by the amount of different makes and types. So I am looking for a bit
of advice on the correct/best treatment to use, ideally something that
would suit the garage and fence, and is safe for animals or plants.
So any help here would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

margaret
Old 27-04-2003, 05:44 AM
Tom C

Margaret , go to your local Sherwin and William paint store they will be
able to assist you greatly.However if your going to just seal a fence,
remember its a job you will have to do every year or so as the sun really
breaks most sealers down quickly. If you paint prime first use oil base
primer and porch and deck enamel for a finish. I must tell you I am a third
generation painting contractor and unless your looking for maintenance work
every year I would leave the fence alone. I would wash the garage sand and
scrape were needed apply a good oil exterior primer and a coat of quality
latex should give you good service. I f this is to much I still recommend
talking to your local Sherwin and William Paint store . Best wishes Tom C

"margaret" wrote in message
om...
hi there, I have a garage, hut and a lot of fencing that needs treated
this year. I have been up to homebase, and various other hardware
shops to try and pick the right stuff to use, however I am overwhelmed
by the amount of different makes and types. So I am looking for a bit
of advice on the correct/best treatment to use, ideally something that
would suit the garage and fence, and is safe for animals or plants.
So any help here would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

margaret

[IMG] code is On

fence and shed painting jon simspon United Kingdom 37 10-06-2004 04:15 PM
Best way of painting fence panels ? Andrew United Kingdom 7 09-04-2004 09:35 AM
Painting Fence Jan United Kingdom 19 10-03-2004 04:21 AM
Painting Fence Jan United Kingdom 3 06-03-2004 09:47 PM
Painting Chain Link Fence AuralFeast Gardening 7 06-05-2003 02:20 AM