Old 28-03-2006, 08:24 AM posted to rec.gardens
Starlord

Default It's Here

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/03/26/coverstory/index.html

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
Astronomy Net Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/astronomy_net
In Garden Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/ingarden
Blast Off Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/starlords
Astro Blog
http://starlord.bloggerteam.com/

Old 28-03-2006, 01:31 PM posted to rec.gardens
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Starlord wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/03/26/coverstory/index.html

They say the planet is 'ill' . But, on a geologic time scale, it has
been both warmer and cooler than it is now - many times.

Carl

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)
Old 28-03-2006, 05:23 PM posted to rec.gardens
madgardener

Looks like Art Bell was
right............................................. ..........................................time
to hunker down and be more of a steward to my corner and prepare for what
comes next. This IS the start of the elections, after all. I never voted
for shrub, by the way..............and I have to think that my dear departed
friend, John Skeffington slipped out before he saw how things might get
to....he was saved the anguish of Mother Earth....................
thanks Starlord for the heads up.
madgardener

Old 28-03-2006, 05:39 PM posted to rec.gardens
madgardener

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

What's with all the ................... ?

alright, in all the years I've written on this newsgroup, you didn't notice
that sometimes I just put in a series of dots to indicate pause, quiet,
reflection? never mind. I still love ya. inquiring mind wanted to know and
there youse has it. it was a pregnant pause after my statement. and it's
not that I am overwhelmed with the impending things, Doug, just resigned and
resolved to continue doing what I have always done these last decades. I
steward my corner of earth, I am minimizing things, I'm teaching myself to
not be the typical stereotype of amerikan consumer, I'm concerned about
what's happening, but other than voting, I don't think one person can do
much, it will take way MORE of us to change things, and like Carl 1 lucky
Texan said, the earth has done what it damn well wanted to with or without
the extra fleas on her back for millennia. I read the article, I'll go get
the issue after I tackle a project I'm intent on finishing TODAY before I
even venture outside into the incredible Spring that is bursting up here in
Fairy Holler on the ridge, and afterwards, I will sit down and share with my
friends who garden around the country and world.

and that........................is that! LOL
madgardener up on the ridge, back in Fairy Holler, overlooking English
Mountain which is shrouded in clouds intent on North Carolina and onwards,
in Eastern Tennessee where it's already 60o

Old 28-03-2006, 05:44 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

[...]

OK. :-) I just think there's a certain beauty to languages. It's so sad to
see them raped and hacked up.

Old 28-03-2006, 10:06 PM posted to rec.gardens
madgardener

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
OK. :-) I just think there's a certain beauty to languages. It's so sad to
see them raped and hacked up.

well that's your opinion of my writing style, and you're entitled to it. I
don't mind. And I'll continue to write the same way I have for decades. I
love the beauty of languages and words, and if you consider it sad and think
I've raped and hacked it up, I respect that, but I am who I am, and I won't
change for anyone. I believe what I believe and never ask anyone to walk
with me in those belief's. And if someone reads my posts, and writings and
rambles and smells the flowers and hears the magic around me, or feels what
I feel, then I've done well and if it's lost on some, that's the way it
goes.

I hope your Spring is as magical as mine is up here on the ridge.
madgardener

Old 28-03-2006, 10:08 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

"madgardener" wrote in message

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
OK. :-) I just think there's a certain beauty to languages. It's so sad
to see them raped and hacked up.

well that's your opinion of my writing style, and you're entitled to it. I
don't mind. And I'll continue to write the same way I have for decades.
I love the beauty of languages and words, and if you consider it sad and
think I've raped and hacked it up, I respect that, but I am who I am, and
I won't change for anyone. I believe what I believe and never ask anyone
to walk with me in those belief's. And if someone reads my posts, and
writings and rambles and smells the flowers and hears the magic around me,
or feels what I feel, then I've done well and if it's lost on some, that's
the way it goes.

This writing is much different than the earlier two messages.

I hope your Spring is as magical as mine is up here on the ridge.
madgardener

So far, 100 crocuses.

Old 28-03-2006, 11:08 PM posted to rec.gardens
madgardener

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
This writing is much different than the earlier two messages.

the same person wrote it. that would be me. I am a multi-faceted middle
aged woman.......

I hope your Spring is as magical as mine is up here on the ridge.
madgardener

So far, 100 crocuses.

my crocuses are almost done, and there were more than I cared to count. I'm
just happy they return. I have snow, Dutch and large ones as well as
species. The snowdrops are done, but now the enormous Leucojum are going
full bang. The muscari are three kinds, maybe four in many, many pots and
area's. Woodstock hyacinths, some early Stresa tulip and the Toronto's as
well as one called The First. that's a Kaufmanniana. Pinochio's are back
and making me smile, and assorted narcussus are popping thru the perennial
foliage, as well as now I see water lily tulips rising from the soils.
Squill, Windflowers are ferning, Epimedium under the maple sapling is
blooming, Hellebore are still going guns, Pushkinnia has popped up in
surprising places, sedums are bulking up and filling out and tanning and
blushing. Iris reticulata are still appearing where I tucked them, Iris
bucharica are leafing and getting ready to wow me (Juno iris). Spurge is
electric green, all the Spirea's are leafed out and wired for blushing reds
and oranges with pinks and tans and other warm colors. Pieris under the
black cherry tree has flaming red leaves that scream out at me from
underneath the boughs, and the Shooting star I got this late winter is
performing with Virginia Bluebells underneath at the edge of the spent
whisky barrel, I see signs of ferny leafed Columbine, and Bleeding hearts,
and over in the NSSG I HAVE bleeding hearts up too soon.....False Indigo is
leafing, Variegated solomon's seal is tongueing out at the sky, Toad lilies
are leafed out, vinca vinca vinca everywhere and endearing me with their
half dollar sized Periwinkle blue flowers everywhere. Lamium or yellow
archangel on the eastern side of the sidewalk garden is already rising
little stems to make those neat yellow flowers that laugh.

yep, it's a good day.,.....
maddie

Old 29-03-2006, 12:05 AM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

[...]

Stop! I have nothing but crocuses, and a shitload of babies under lights in
the basement. This week's warm weather should kick start the outdoor stuff.

Old 29-03-2006, 04:47 PM posted to rec.gardens
glenon

I like the way madgardner writes about Faerie Hollow! Very compelling to
read. I love to read her writings!

--
gloria - only the iguanas know for sure