Old 09-04-2006, 04:58 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ken

Default Grub control in garden

I was tilling my garden today and noticed a LOT of grubs popping up. I am
assuming that tilling will help control the grubs . . . right? I plan on
tilling agian and again until I don't notice them. Is this futile.

How about Milky Spore? Does anyone use this in the garden? My biggest
concern in alergies. My wife is basically allergic to everything and I
would hate to contaminate the garden with something that would add to her
misery (especially in the spring).

TIA,

Ken

Old 10-04-2006, 12:54 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dwayne

Are the grubs causing you any problems yet? They have never bothered my
gardens, but I may not raise the same things you want to.

The milky spore isn't supposed to be harmful to anything but the grubs, and
one application is supposed to take 2 or 3 years to be fully effective.
The effect of it is supposed to last for 20 years. The biggest benefit you
will see is that it gets rid of moles that dig around in your grass and yard
hunting for grubs. When the grubs are gone, the moles will leave.

Dwayne

. ..