Old 30-04-2006, 05:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Landrey

Default Squash and Cantaloupe leaf problem?

I recently bought some yellow squash and some cantaloupe plants at Home
Depot. They were healthy looking plants and each had several large, green
leaves on them. It has been several weeks since I have planted them in the
garden and the new leaves that have emerged since then have all been small
and wrinkled, while the old leaves still look okay. I also have an acorn
squash plant that I started from seed and its first true leaf looks small and
wrinkled as well.

This is the first time I've attempted to grow these plants so I'm at a loss
here. Can anyone clue me in to what the problem could be?
Old 02-05-2006, 12:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Dwayne

You may have brought home a spider mite problem. Spray them with a mix
consisting of one or two teaspoons of liquid dish washing soap in a quart of
water. Get both sides of the leaves. See if that will help.

Dwayne

reenews.net...