Old 09-04-2003, 03:20 PM
Stephanie

Default Large garden plants. Help!

We have a very large overgrown garden on a slope, for most of it we
have managed to dig and have landscaped.For the bottom end of the
garden we are looking for some plants that will grow very large, and
are fast growing, that will hide the garden from the main road at the
bottom.Plants that will fill up alot of space, also with abit of
colour throughout the year. If you could also recommend somewhere that
we can purchase such plants at resonable prices.
Old 09-04-2003, 05:56 PM
SugarChile

Hi, Stephanie,

We need to know where you live before we can help you. What's the climate
like where you are? What's the soil like--is it clay, sand, or somewhere in
between? Do you get adequate rainfall, or do you need plants that are
drought tolerant? And how large is "large"--6 ft., 10 ft., 30 ft.? Are you
looking for trees and shrubs, or tall perennial or edible plants?

Sue

Zone 6, Southcentral PA

m...

Old 10-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Polar

On Wed, 09 Apr 2003 16:45:41 GMT, "SugarChile"
wrote:

Hi, Stephanie,

We need to know where you live before we can help you. What's the climate
like where you are? What's the soil like--is it clay, sand, or somewhere in
between? Do you get adequate rainfall, or do you need plants that are
drought tolerant? And how large is "large"--6 ft., 10 ft., 30 ft.? Are you
looking for trees and shrubs, or tall perennial or edible plants?

In addition to above, you might get good advice from a local nursery
that knows your conditions.

om...

--
Polar
Old 14-04-2003, 01:32 PM
Stephanie

Hi and thanks for your reply

I live in Bonny Scotland.
Here we get alot of wet weather!
The soil is very good all plants so far i.e.
heathers,conifers,evergreens and of course weeds!!!! are growing like
wildfire. The plants we are looking for are large tall trees or shrubs
hopefully with abit of colour that can hide the garden from the main
road.The garden is about 115ft long by 32ft wide.

wrote:

Hi, Stephanie,

We need to know where you live before we can help you. What's the climate
like where you are? What's the soil like--is it clay, sand, or somewhere in
between? Do you get adequate rainfall, or do you need plants that are
drought tolerant? And how large is "large"--6 ft., 10 ft., 30 ft.? Are you
looking for trees and shrubs, or tall perennial or edible plants?

In addition to above, you might get good advice from a local nursery
that knows your conditions.

om...

Old 14-04-2003, 05:20 PM
Bill Spohn

The plants we are looking for are large tall trees or shrubs
hopefully with abit of colour that can hide the garden from the main
road.The garden is about 115ft long by 32ft wide.

Rhododedrons would suit your cause, or if you don't mind winter exposure,
Gunnera would be an alternative to buying mature Rhodos, and would add that
'Jurassic Park' touch.......