Old 27-05-2006, 08:38 PM posted to rec.gardens
Trent-Lion

Default Mop sink ok in greenhouse?

Someone gave me a stainless steel sink with faucet (used to be in a
doctor's office) to use in my greenhouse. A friend said that rather
than have the cabinet built which this sink would require, I should get
a mop sink on legs. It would be cheaper and would work well enough for
GH purposes.
This is my first GH, and I know nothing.
Any reason not to use a mop sink? Thx.
T-L
Old 27-05-2006, 09:19 PM posted to rec.gardens
JoeSpareBedroom

"Trent-Lion" wrote in message
Someone gave me a stainless steel sink with faucet (used to be in a
doctor's office) to use in my greenhouse. A friend said that rather
than have the cabinet built which this sink would require, I should get
a mop sink on legs. It would be cheaper and would work well enough for
GH purposes.
This is my first GH, and I know nothing.
Any reason not to use a mop sink? Thx.
T-L

They're very square, which could clash with the plants, which are mostly
roundish / curvish.

Old 27-05-2006, 09:48 PM posted to rec.gardens
Fragile Warrior

"Trent-Lion" wrote in message
Someone gave me a stainless steel sink with faucet (used to be in a
doctor's office) to use in my greenhouse. A friend said that rather
than have the cabinet built which this sink would require, I should get
a mop sink on legs. It would be cheaper and would work well enough for
GH purposes.
This is my first GH, and I know nothing.
Any reason not to use a mop sink? Thx.
T-L

Why a sink? Go for a pond. Ponds are fun, can contain fish AND water the
plants in a pinch. Plus they add that needed humidity and help to provide
heat in the winter.

Old 27-05-2006, 11:09 PM posted to rec.gardens
JoeSpareBedroom

"Fragile Warrior" wrote in message

"Trent-Lion" wrote in message
Someone gave me a stainless steel sink with faucet (used to be in a
doctor's office) to use in my greenhouse. A friend said that rather
than have the cabinet built which this sink would require, I should get
a mop sink on legs. It would be cheaper and would work well enough for
GH purposes.
This is my first GH, and I know nothing.
Any reason not to use a mop sink? Thx.
T-L

Why a sink? Go for a pond. Ponds are fun, can contain fish AND water the
plants in a pinch. Plus they add that needed humidity and help to provide
heat in the winter.

I suspect the OP was thinking about rinsing pots and filling watering cans.

Old 28-05-2006, 05:51 AM posted to rec.gardens
Freckles

"Trent-Lion" wrote in message
Someone gave me a stainless steel sink with faucet (used to be in a
doctor's office) to use in my greenhouse. A friend said that rather
than have the cabinet built which this sink would require, I should get
a mop sink on legs. It would be cheaper and would work well enough for
GH purposes.
This is my first GH, and I know nothing.
Any reason not to use a mop sink? Thx.
T-L

It's your Green house, use which one you prefer.

I personally like the idea of building an attractive cabinet for the
stainless steel sink.

Old 28-05-2006, 12:45 PM posted to rec.gardens
JoeSpareBedroom

"Freckles" wrote in message
. ..

"Trent-Lion" wrote in message
Someone gave me a stainless steel sink with faucet (used to be in a
doctor's office) to use in my greenhouse. A friend said that rather
than have the cabinet built which this sink would require, I should get
a mop sink on legs. It would be cheaper and would work well enough for
GH purposes.
This is my first GH, and I know nothing.
Any reason not to use a mop sink? Thx.
T-L

It's your Green house, use which one you prefer.

I personally like the idea of building an attractive cabinet for the
stainless steel sink.

On the other hand, the humidity in the greenhouse might turn the attractive
cabinet into pudding over the years.

Old 28-05-2006, 04:35 PM posted to rec.gardens
Freckles

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

"Freckles" wrote in message
. ..

"Trent-Lion" wrote in message
Someone gave me a stainless steel sink with faucet (used to be in a
doctor's office) to use in my greenhouse. A friend said that rather
than have the cabinet built which this sink would require, I should get
a mop sink on legs. It would be cheaper and would work well enough for
GH purposes.
This is my first GH, and I know nothing.
Any reason not to use a mop sink? Thx.
T-L

It's your Green house, use which one you prefer.

I personally like the idea of building an attractive cabinet for the
stainless steel sink.

On the other hand, the humidity in the greenhouse might turn the
attractive cabinet into pudding over the years.

Ever heard of marine grade plywood?

Old 28-05-2006, 04:40 PM posted to rec.gardens
JoeSpareBedroom

"Freckles" wrote in message
. ..

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

"Freckles" wrote in message
. ..

"Trent-Lion" wrote in message
Someone gave me a stainless steel sink with faucet (used to be in a
doctor's office) to use in my greenhouse. A friend said that rather
than have the cabinet built which this sink would require, I should get
a mop sink on legs. It would be cheaper and would work well enough for
GH purposes.
This is my first GH, and I know nothing.
Any reason not to use a mop sink? Thx.
T-L

It's your Green house, use which one you prefer.

I personally like the idea of building an attractive cabinet for the
stainless steel sink.

On the other hand, the humidity in the greenhouse might turn the
attractive cabinet into pudding over the years.

Ever heard of marine grade plywood?

Yes. But, read the original question in this thread a few more times.

Old 28-05-2006, 04:44 PM posted to rec.gardens
Freckles

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

"Freckles" wrote in message
. ..

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

"Freckles" wrote in message
. ..

"Trent-Lion" wrote in message
Someone gave me a stainless steel sink with faucet (used to be in a
doctor's office) to use in my greenhouse. A friend said that rather
than have the cabinet built which this sink would require, I should
get
a mop sink on legs. It would be cheaper and would work well enough for
GH purposes.
This is my first GH, and I know nothing.
Any reason not to use a mop sink? Thx.
T-L

It's your Green house, use which one you prefer.

I personally like the idea of building an attractive cabinet for the
stainless steel sink.

On the other hand, the humidity in the greenhouse might turn the
attractive cabinet into pudding over the years.

Ever heard of marine grade plywood?

Yes. But, read the original question in this thread a few more times.

O.K.! I have REREAD the original post! What's your point? Maybe you should
REREAD the original post yourself!

Old 28-05-2006, 07:23 PM posted to rec.gardens
JoeSpareBedroom

"Freckles" wrote in message

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

"Freckles" wrote in message
. ..

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

"Freckles" wrote in message
. ..

"Trent-Lion" wrote in message
[...]

The nature of the question leads me to believe that this person would never
have discovered marine plywood. I can't explain why. It's just my
impression.

Old 29-05-2006, 04:20 PM posted to rec.gardens

get a plastic mop sink on plastic legs and it will last forever. nice and DEEP for
soaking big tubs of things. Ingrid

Trent-Lion wrote:

Someone gave me a stainless steel sink with faucet (used to be in a
doctor's office) to use in my greenhouse. A friend said that rather
than have the cabinet built which this sink would require, I should get
a mop sink on legs. It would be cheaper and would work well enough for
GH purposes.
This is my first GH, and I know nothing.
Any reason not to use a mop sink? Thx.
T-L

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/
www.drsolo.com
Zone 5 next to Lake Michigan

[IMG] code is On

Greenhouse Heat Sink telgip666 Gardening 9 10-04-2012 07:26 AM
Greenhouse heat sink mojocain Gardening 4 15-03-2012 09:39 PM
Help: Robina Mop Top Bleanne Australia 4 17-10-2005 06:46 AM
Hydrangea mop head blue Rich United Kingdom 4 07-11-2003 01:23 AM
Would you like some Eggs with that Mop? Egg-dentify David Ponds 3 26-07-2003 04:32 PM